Sign in to follow this  
Jfoster99

X95 Tavor Buttpad

IWI released the flat buttpad for sale, $16. It is the same as the military version of there rifle. Caution: This may put your rifle under 26".

b2667b302296a88beebd4e9df781085e.jpg

Manticore Arms has been making a curved buttpad $69 that does not decrease the overall length. It is more ergonomic but for the price just does not add enough cool factor to be worth it.

cf6441b87ebc123e056fab31ed2d79b3.jpg

The stock pad for comparison.

933fab11cb315ed1a8e28a4c7ac00a82.jpg

IWI also has short forends/rails. Combine these with the slim pad and the soon to be released 13" barrel and you have and awesome SBR package.

• Like 1

I came up short on mine. I had the barrel cut back to 14 1/2" and then pinned the break. I really liked the look of no exposed barrel showing but now am regretting it... currently looking at options to slightly extend the thin butpad a 1/4" or cut and replace the 2 1/2" break with a longer one.... if anyone has a lead on a cool 2 3/4" - 3" break please let me know... everything I see is under 2 1/2" or over 4". Nothing in between that is appropriate.

Shown with original Buttpad.

d8d6e4296ed5787fabaf8e5ac00477f1.jpg

Any noticeable difference with comfort?

I had all 3.... They were all comfortable to me. This all depends on your clothing too.

IMHO, it gives you better control. I like it. I gave it a shot because the price did not break your wallet. Fit was perfect. Literally took me less than a minute to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had all three. Unless you have gorilla arms, the Manticore or IWI buttpad increases your length of pull. This is the only time the draconian laws in this communist state actually benefit me!

Even if I didn't live behind enemy lines, unless I wanted to legally SBR it I'd just permanently attach a muzzle device so I could use this buttplate.

The thin buttplate is definitely worth having!

549337914ced3a9b806bfe2a2dbd5176.jpg

• Like 1

What to you all think of the short forearm and matching short rail available now? I have to cut off and replace my break so while I have it apart I was thinking of going with the short look... I don't run with anything on the rails so I don't need the length. Mainly just wondering if it is a better look. Someday if I leave the gun in Florida I may SBR it but not any time soon.

Below is my gun in FDE and a generic rifle just to show you the short forearm. Keep in mind my barrel will be 1" shorter.

b7554c516d2fcdbc3c486e194dd1632c.jpg

3c19aceed41ceabac0ef245775992e8f.jpg

Thanks to this thread just went out and got myself a X95. Wanted OD Green but didnt have in stock. Went with FDE.

Congratulations!!!!. What optic are you going to run with it?

If you are interested in the Manticore Arms curved butttpad let me know. I have one brand new.

• Like 1

Not sure what optic. Got a recommendation ?

I would say more then 50% of people put the meprolight M21 on the Tavors... It's is what the IDF uses on the military Tavors.

I suggest the triangle dot as the tip can be used for precision shots.

It pairs nicely with the meprolight M6 3x magnifier.

Any of the 2moa Aimpoints.... and its not what other people do. Its what you do. Using IDF as an example is not a good comparison. 4.5moa plus from Mepro will give you less than precision. Ya want precision, I would suggest a different platform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wow times have changed!!! I remember mentioning a tavor thread sometime ago here when I first got mine and it was shot down. At the time people were not feeling too good about bullpups or the tavor, too diferent. It's nice to see this forum now embracing the bullpup! I'm happy!!!

• Like 1

Yes Bullpups do rock. Small compact but retaining the barrel length. I have KSG, Tavor Tar21, and Tavor X95. I'm keeping my eyes open with desert tech stuff.

Anyway I think as time goes on bullpups will get more and more popular. Is there a way to get a sub-forum for that on here or should we just start an official thread? I believe theres now two Tavor threads that I keep my eye on. Would be easier to just monitor one thread for updates, news and products, ect. I dont mind starting the thread if you guys agree.

I had a tavor when they first came out, I loved mined 18" with all the goodies, sold it and regretted it, I picked up an x95 soon after I'm happy again. I also have my ksg for shot gun duty, good shot gun, no problems. We should have a bullpup thread, this great forum deserves one.

I dunno but this is a Tavor X95 thread. [emoji848][emoji21]

• Like 1

I dunno but this is a Tavor X95 thread. [emoji848][emoji21]

It's my thread.... and it has been off topic for quite a few post. People started discussing proliferation of bullpups in general..

If you want to be a thread Nazi... By all means start your own and keep in on track however you like.

It's my thread.... and it has been off topic for quite a few post. People started discussing proliferation of bullpups in general..

If you want to be a thread Nazi... By all means start your own and keep in on track however you like.

Just trying to help. If you want to start talking about a totally different gun, its best to start a new thread with it in the title which would draw peoples eyes to it and even make it easier to search. But what do I know being a Thread Nazi.... [emoji849]

You are one stubborn dude!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ok thanks for trying... it just seems like you are crapping on all my posts lately... Even following me on over to the bullpup forum for more of the same.. Perhaps I'm over sensitive and or it is unconscious on your part. Just letting you know how I feel, not trying to provoke more negativity here.

Following you? I'm there for the same reason you are. You forget I own one too?

Needless to say, we've all been trying to help you but some of your reasoning struck several of us strange. I've been shooting since the 70's... some longer, some less. Its not our first rodeos.

Do what you feel you need to do. Just understand there is a lot of knowledge between us on both forums. Just be open minded and listen. Learn to determine the difference between cult followings and realistic point of views. You'll be fine.

Paid the early adopters tax on the SRS, not going to repeat that on the MDR. Ill wait for MDR 2.0

This gun has been hyped up by Desert Tech for like 5 years. They keep changing things on it. How about show it when it's actually ready?

I get it, they want to build up a base but damn. The ship may have sailed on it.