sroc112

Heckler & Koch

I am looking into a P2000sk in .40 as my next purchase. I like the size and ergonomics of this gun and plan on having it as an alternate carry piece to my G19. I really like the P30sk but I do not need another 9mm handgun.

I am new to H&K but wish I looked more into them a while ago, as I really like the feel of their guns and the overall craftsmanship. After the P2000sk I plan to buy a new 45 home defense gun and just started looking into what H&K has to offer in that chamber. Currently looking at a G21 or Sig P227.

Anyone here have expereince with any of H&Ks 45's? If so, please share you reviews. Also feedback on the P2000sk would be useful too.

Thank you!

The ergonomics of the H&K 45 against the G21 are night and day. Grip is entirely different. Also, depending on what configuration you get in the H&K, it operates more like a 1911 with a de-cocker. The LEM trigger is quite different. I have that in the Compact. (I converted it.)

To paraphrase a range officer I once knew, the Glock is a Toyota; the Sig is a Cadillac; the H&K is a Ferrari. That's a bit of exaggeration, but you get the idea.

Personally I like the H&K mag release on the trigger guard. That goes for the H&K 45 and also the Compact. But I have no complaints about the Glock or the Sig. I shoot all three fairly well.

Don't know about the P2000sk, but picked up the P30sk recently and like it. If you're interested in a .40 cal, how about the P30 in .40? Not as compact, but not huge either.

I would suggest you try to shoot all three if you can before purchase.

So many handguns; so little time.

Since you have the Glock 19 Gen 4, and assuming it is a carry piece once you go across the Delaware River into the Free USA, have you considered getting the P 2000sk in 9mm, instead of the 40 cal? I have the Glock 19 Gen 4 & really like it a lot. I would certainly use it as a primary concealed carry gun if I lived in the Freedom of the Commonwealth of PA! If you want to get a 45 cal home defense gun next, & are looking into the H&K pistols, I would absolutely recommend the USP 45 full size. It is a very large, full size pistol, but it is an extremely well built gun & is capable of using any type of ammo, from FMJ target practice loads, to full power JHP +P loads. I bought mine back in 2000 or 01, & really do like it a lot, & will very highly recommend it.

http://hk-usa.com/hk-models/usp/ 

I am not familiar with the HK45 model, as it is different from the USP series. I am hoping the H&K will eventually add a VP 45 cal model to the very highly successful VP series. 

I own a few 9MM HK's. I really like my P30sk too, If your looking for a real nice shooting .45 Take a look at the Springfield Mod 2 SC .45,  I was surprised how comfortable it shot.45  It comes with two mags, one for carry and the other for H/D right out of the box. 

I'm an HK fan and the p30sknis a great gun. Big improvement over the p2ksk.

For one, the mag release is bigger and allows for faster reloads imo. Biggest complaint for me. Grip is meh. Sure you can stipple the grip or use grip tape and you can use the hk45c mag release lever but why do all that?

As you can see I'm not a fan of the p2k line. I would hold off for the Vp9/40 so to come out.

I love the p30sk, problem for me is it doesn't not come in .40. I'd wait for the vp40 but I am looking more for the size of the sk and also permits will be here any day so don't know if I'll have them available by the time the new line comes out. But thanks for the input.

Eh not a Springfield fan. Was just looking for some HK feedback here from people with experience. May just stick to glock : (

If I had to pick a .45 Glock or a .45 HK I would stick with Glock too. As well made as HK's are Glock has an advantage with the price of mags and aftermarket accessories.  A Glock if it works well in your hand brings a lot to the table.  I have every caliber Glock except for a 10MM  The G42 G19, G26 and G30 I like the best. I find after around 150 rounds Glocks are not very comfortable for me. The base of my thumb gets sore.  Sig, Springfield's Mod 2 and Beretta's I can shoot all day