New Jersey Arms Collectors Club - April 20, 8pm at Kenilworth Veterans Center
3 posts in this topic
Regularly Scheduled Meeting - Thursday May 18, 2017. Guest fee: $5.00
Kenilworth Veterans Center, 33 S. 21st Street, Kenilworth
Doors open at 7:00 PM
Presentation: Mosin Nagants: the Affordable Collectible - Part 1: Russian, Soviet and Finnish Capture Mosins by Stan Gurski
I will be giving a presentation on collecting Mosin rifles describing some under appreciated variations that are available at modest cost.
Guest fee for non members is $5 and you can purchase a sandwich and drink for $6 if you wish. Go to www.njacc.info for more information and directions. Or just reply to me.
ON DISPLAY: Combloc Rifles
In Honor of the Men and Women of the American Military Services Whose Sacrifices Have Made Our Freedom Possible. The Shongum Sportsmen Invites you to compete with tangible links to the battles of our Nation’s History in a
Memorial Day Match.
Come celebrate your country’s history by compteting with the firearms that helped to make this country great. From the Brown Bess, to the Black Rifle, we have a match for you!
Firearms are limited to the Curios, Relics, and Reproductions of the Period.
Original Style Sights and stocks Required and Jersey Legal!
TROPHIES TO BEST
May 27th, 2017
Registration, zeroing 9-10AM, Rifle Match 10:00 AM – 12:45, Audie Murphy 12:45, Lunch 1-1:45
Ceremony with taps and salute at 1:50PM, Muzzleloaders 2-3 PM,
Rifle awards 2PM, Muzzleloader awards 3PM
Shongum Sportsmen’s Chapel Hill Range
363 Janes Chapel Road,Oxford, NJ 07863-3511. GPS 40.843231 N 74.916628 W
From Center of Hackettstown, take ROUTE 46 WEST. 2 Miles west of Rt. 517, turn LEFT onto RUSSLING RD (by Best’s Fruit Farm). At end, (1.5 mi) Turn LEFT onto BARKER’S MILL RD (.2 Mi.) Turn RIGHT onto MT BETHEL RD. for 1 mi, Turn RIGHT onto JANE CHAPEL. ROAD Range approx 1 Mile on RIGHT
ENTRY FEES* (ten targets). Additional targets $1 each
Shongum Members/NJACC, Military/Police: $20.00
Guests : $30.00
Family/significant others: $60 for two benches and up to six competitors.
Full Entry Fee includes Lunch in Club House - Lunch Only - $5.00
Lunch is SPAM, Beef hot dogs, beans, and possibly hardtack 1-2PM
Black Powder Matches(repros acceptable) – 5 Shots in 5 Minutes
1. MONMOUTH Smoothbore Flintlock –25 Yards(off hand or kneeling)
2. BULL RUN(Buck and Ball) Percussion/flint Smoothbore – 25 Yards(off hand or kneeling)
3. NEW ORLEANS Flintlock Rifle – 100 Yards
4. LITTLE ROUNDTOP Any Civil War Rifle – 100 Yards
5. BRANDY STATION Any Civil War Carbine 100 Yards
100-Yard Cartridge Rifle Matches – 10 Shots in 2 Minutes from the Bench except #16 and #19
6. LITTLE BIG HORN - Trap Door Carbine 45/70, Pre 1877 design carbine 24" max barrel
7. SAN JUAN HILL - Krag Carbine 30-40, Winchester 95 carbine 30-40
8. SPANISH – AMERICAN VOLUNTEER Trap Door Rifle 45/70
9. BOXER REBELLION - Krag Rifle or M1895 Lee Navy
10. AMERICAN ENFIELD - US Army Rifle Model of 1917
11. LEGENDARY 03 - ’03,‘03A1, ‘03A3 ,MK I 03, (NO SNIPER OR NM)
12. PORK CHOP HILL - M1 Garand
13. YOUNG WARRIOR - Highest score for shooter under 18
14. KHE SANH - M1A 7.62 Nato
15. FALLUJAH - M16/M4 Service Style (5.56 – NO MAGNIFYING OPTCS)
16. AMERICAN SNIPER - Any US Sniper Rifle (original or repro) (1 Shot – G.I.style Optics)
17. TRAINER - Any US 22 Military Training rifle (NO MAGNIFYING OPTICS)
18. ROSIE THE RIVETER - Awarded to the female with the highest score of the day
19. AUDIE MURPHY - M1 Garand 24 shots prone, kneeling off hand,100 yds, 75 yds, 50 yds and 1911 seven shots one handed at 25 yards (Police silhouette)
Shoot Chairman Stan Gurski 732 388-1202 GurskiLTC@aol.com
Historical Winter Firearms Marksmanship Contest, Saturday, Jan. 14, 2017: Cherry Ridge Range, Open to PublicBy GoldenKnight
In Honor of the Men and Women Who Endured The Rigors of Winter Combat from Valley Forge to Korea
And To Demonstrate Personal Skill with Relics of History
The New Jersey Arms Collector’s Club Inc.
Invites You to Participate With Historical Winter Firearms
In A Marksmanship Contest on Saturday, January 14 , 2017
SNOW DATE JAN 21st (CALL RANGE at 973 764-1333 for closings)
ANJRPC CHERRY RIDGE RANGE
Highland Lakes, NJ -- Off Canistear Road, 4 Mi. North of Rt. 23
SIGHT-IN: 9:00 am – 10:00 am MATCHES: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm Lunch: 12:00 – 1:00
$30 ($10 discount to NJACC members and active, reserve, retired military with ID card)
Family rate-$50 for two benches (children, in-laws, grandparents, etc.) plus $5 for each meal
Full Entry Fee includes Lunch in Club House & VENISON STEW and Hot Beverages during shoot ($5.00 Lunch Only)
*Note: Price Differential for Non-Members is applicable towards Membership Dues.
PRIZES: Trophies to Best in Each Class (plus best female and youngster)
FIREARMS: Repro or original BP. Curios and Relics of the Period. Original style Stocks and Sights
Winter trigger guards acceptable. Winter triggers if approved by range safety officer.
YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO WEAR WINTER COMBAT UNIFORMS OR CIVILIAN EQUIVALENT
Don’t forget Hats, Gloves and Boots as well as hearing and eye protection!!!
VENISON STEW, HOT CHOCOLATE, TEA, CIDER AND COFFEE AVAILABLE IN PARKING LOT AS PART OF FEE
Contests Require 10 Shots in 2 Minutes at 50 Yards(except #12,15,16&20)
Any Position Including Bench * Rifles must be fired from shoulder unless medically excused (no sleds)
1. BATTLE OF TRENTON Any Smoothbore Flintlock - 5 shots in 15 minutes
2. MOUNTAIN MAN(Revenant award-new) Any Civilian Flint or Percussion Rifle - 10 Shots / 15 Minutes
3. FREDERICSBURG Any C W Battle weapon not using fixed ammo - 10 Shots / 15 Minutes
4. WINTER WAR Any Finnish or Russian Mosin Nagant,Suomi 31 semi auto.
5. BALKAN FRONT Any Yugoslav, Austrian, Italian, Bulgarian, Romanian or Greek WWII era bolt action rifle (post war rebuilt Yugos are OK)
6. EASTERN FRONT SEMI-AUTO G-41, G-43, Tokarev 38 and SVT-40, Suomi M31 Semi Auto
7. BATTLE OF THE BULGE BOLT 98K, Springfield ’03,03A1,03A3 Enfield P14/1917 MK III and IV
8. BATTLE OF HUERTGEN FOREST M1 Garand, G-43, G-41
9. SCANDANAVIAN BOLT Swedish Mauser, Norwegian or Danish Krag
10. ALPINE DEFENSE Any Swiss, Italian, French, or Austrian Mil. Bolt or Semi Auto
11. CHOSIN RESERVOIR M1,SAFN, Mosin Nagant, Jap 38, 99, Mauser 98,SKS,Enfield #3,4
12 AFGHAN HILLS Any NJ Legal Semi-Auto, 5.56, 7.62 Nato, 7.62 x 39, 5.45 x 39(100yds)
13. KLONDIKE Any Black Powder Cartridge Firearm(smokeless/duplex ammo OK)
14. ALASKA HUNTER Any Sporter Rifle, inc Sporterized Military, (Iron Sights)
15. WINTER SNIPER (SIMO HAYHA AWARD) Military Sniper Rifle w/Original style Optics, FINN 28/30-1 Shot 100yd.
16. POLAR BEAR Any Sport,Sporterized Military Rifle with Scope 30 cal or+.(100 yds)
17. CPT GRIEST 1LT HAVER TROPHY Best Female Shooter (in honor of the Ranger School graduates)
18. YOUNG WARRIOR Any Shooter Under 18 Years -any event
19. WINTER OLYMPIAN Any Rimfire /pellet Rifle( 17 or 22), -no magnifying optics
20. WINTER PLINKER Any scoped Rimfire (17 or 22) Rifle (100 yards)
In celebration of the 72tnd Anniversary of the Defeat of the Japanese Imperial Forces
Shongum Sportsmen's Association
Invites you to participate in the V. J. Day
Saturday August 26th , 2017
Registration 9AM, Rifle Contest till 1PM, Lunch 1PM, Pistols 2-4pm
Compete with your WWII Era Pacific Theater Rifles and Pistols
WWII Re-Enactors are encouraged to participate in uniform
Shongum Sportsmen’s Chapel Hill Range
363 Janes Chapel Road, Mansfield(Oxford), NJ 07863-3511
From Center of Hackettstown, take ROUTE 46 WEST. Two Miles west of Rt 517, turn LEFT onto RUSSLING RD (by Best’s Fruit Farm). At end, (1.5 miles) Turn LEFT onto BARKER’S MILL RD (.2 Miles.) Turn RIGHT onto MT BETHEL RD. for 1 mile,
Turn RIGHT onto JANES CHAPEL ROAD Range approx 1 Mile on RIGHT
$30.00* for Guests (Extra targets $1 each). Family/significant others: $60 for two benches and up to 6 competitors.10 targets per shooter
Includes Rice Cakes, Hot Dogs, Liberty Cabbage, Pork & Beans and Soft Drinks Lunch
PRIZES: Trophy to the Best in Each Class
FIREARMS: Curios and Relics of the WWII Pacific Theater
(Original Stocks and Sights)
TOKYO ROSE TROPHY: For Best Female Score. Douglas MacArthur Award: Best score for person under 18
RIFLE CONTESTS REQUIRE 10 SHOTS EACH @ 100 YARDS – FIRING POSITION OPTIONAL Except #10, #11
1. MANCHURIA- JAPANESE TYPE-30,38 MOD 98 MAUSER ,GERMAN MOD 88/05 or CHINESE HANYANG
2. GUADALCANAL ’03,03A1 SPRINGFIELD, Johnson 1941, ANY 6.5 JAPANESETYPE 38 or TYPE I(Italian)
3. BATAAN US M1917 ENFIELD, ANY JAPANESE 6.5 OR 7.7MM Long RIFLE
4. OKINAWA ‘03A3, M-1 GARAND, ANY JAPANESE 6.5 OR 7.7MM SERVICE RIFLE or CARBINE
5. BURMA TYPE-38 OR TYPE 44 JAPANESE CARBINE, #5 ENFIELD JUNGLE CARBINE
6. MANDALAY- ANY JAPANESE SERVICE RIFLE,BRITISH #3 SMLE OR #4 ENFIELD
7. PACIFIC SNIPER TYPE-97 OR TYPE-99 WITH ORIGINAL SCOPE, ‘03A4, 1942 USMC, M1C-SNIPER, #1 MK-IV(T). (1 SHOT – 100 YARDS)
8. KHALKHIN GOL SVT, MOSIN NAGANT, ANY JAPANESE 6.5MM SERVICE RIFLE
9. MARINE RAIDER Thompson/Reising Carbine (Target will be full size silhouette)
10. GUNG HO M1,1911 , 24 shots 30 cal, 7 shots 45, Prone, kneeling and offhand.100,75,50,25 yds
11. TENNOUHEIKA BANZAI Jap rifle with bayonet attached, off hand (Target will be full size silhouette)
12. EDSON'S RIDGE Semi Auto Browning BAR,1917 or 1919.
13. CORREGIDOR(NEW EVENT) '03, 03A1 Springfield or M1 while wearing a Kelly style helmet (Khakis optional)
HANDGUN CONTESTS REQUIRE 12 SHOTS EACH @ 50 feet – STANDING ONE-HAND
14. SAMURAI TROPHY ANY JAPANESE SERVICE PISTOL OR REVOLVER TYPE : 26, 14, 94, Nambu
15. VICTORY OVER JAPAN ANY WWII ALLIED FORCES SERVICE PISTOL, 1911, 1911A1, TOKAREV, BROWNING HP, C96, COLT, S&W, WEBLEY, ENFIELD, NAGANT
TRENCH/RIOT GUN AND PISTOL COMBINATION SNIPER ELIMINATION EVENT(5 12 GA 00B,6 pistol)
16. PALM TREE CLEARANCE 12 GA Shotgun 20 inch barrel and GI Handgun 45 or 38 SPL ( 25 yards) (No Federal FliteControl OO)
OPEN TO PUBLIC
SHOOT CHAIRMAN STAN GURSKI – GurskiLTC@aol.com 732-388-1202
In commemoration of the 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Somme
and in honor of the men and women who served so valiantly to preserve our freedom in the “WAR TO END ALL WARS”
The New Jersey Arms Collectors Club, Inc.
Invites you to participate in our
Armistice Day Vintage Firearms Shoot (OPEN TO PUBLIC)
Compete with your WWI Era Rifles and Pistols
(If you have a WWI firearm not listed contact GurskiLTC@aol.com for approval to compete with, new category can be created)
WWI Re-Enactors are encouraged to participate in uniform ($10 off fee, Helmets optional)
SATURDAY, November 12, 2016
LOCATION: ANJRPC Cherry Ridge Range,100 Range Road, Highland Lakes, NJ 07422 ( 4 miles north of RT 23 off Canistear Road)
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Sight-in: 9:00 AM) for rifles. Lunch break: 1:00-2:00pm, 2-4 Handguns
$30.00* for Complete Series or $10.00 per Event.
$20.00 for Complete Series or $5.00 per Event. For NJACC members and re-enactors in uniform
*Note: Price Differential Members/Non Members is applicable towards NJACC Membership Dues.
Includes Hot Dogs, Liberty Cabbage, Pork & Beans and Soda Lunch
PRIZES: Trophy to the Best in Each Class PLUS best Female (MILUNKA SAVIC AWARD) and best Youngster (under 18).
Rifle awards at 2:15. Pistol awards at 4:15pm
Firearms must have Original Military Iron Sights, Ask for waiver or clarification prior to event. Post-war firearms true to the design used in WWI can be approved. (Example Czech 98/ 22, Polish Kbk ,Remington 03 (not A3)
Contests are 10 Shots in 2 Minutes. Rifle at 50 Yards, Pistol at 50 feet, Small pistol 20 feet. Modified trench parapet position (Bench with forward support is OK) for rifle. Single hand for handguns firing. Two hands for stocked pistol event.
1. DOUGHBOY US Enfield Model 1917
2. BELLEAU WOOD 1903 Springfield, open sights, straight stock (no A1 or A3) .
3. GALLIPOLI Enfield, Mk III, 7.65 Mauser, Turk 93,03
4. FLANDER FIELDS Canadian Ross, P-14
5. VITTORIO VENETO Italian 1891 rifle or any Italian WWI longarm, M95 Mannlicher
6. NORTH RUSSIA INTERVENTION Mosin 1891 Long Infantry Rifle, Winchester 95 Russian musket
7. VERDUN French Lebel, Bertier rifles in 8mm
8. IMPERIAL GERMAN INFANTRY Gew 88, 88/05,Gew 98, Kar98.
9. ARAB REVOLT JapType 30,35,38 rifles, Martini-Enfield 303.Lee-Metford
10. BALKAN FRONT Any Greek, Bulgarian, Serbian rifle not listed above and used in WWI.
11. GREAT WAR CARBINE (NEW EVENT) Winchester 07, Marlin 94, Remington 8, or military carbine
12. RIFLE WITH BAYONET Any of the above with a original issue bayonet
. 13. CENTRAL POWERS PISTOL P08 (not artillery model), C96, Steyr M12
14. ALLIED REVOLVER Webley, Colt or S&W in .45 ACP,45 LC, or .455,38L Colt NAN, Nagant 95, Lebel 92,,Italian Bodeo
15. ALLIED AUTO 1911 in .45 or .455 (No A1 Variants), Webley auto 455, lisenti 1910, Type A Nambu
16. STOCKED PISTOL Artillery Luger or Broomhandle Mauser (stock optional), (7.63 or 9mm Luger). Stocked Webley revolver
17. SMALL PISTOL Browning 1900, 1903, 1910 (Princip’s gun), Mauser 1914, Ruby Type, Colt 1903,1908, Walter #4,Savage 1907
18. TRENCH SNIPER SPECIAL EVENT FOR ORIGINAL WWI SNIPER RIFLES
PUBLIC INVITED - For more information contact GurskiLTC@aol.com or 732-388-1202
No registered users viewing this page.