Persona non grata

Range 14 question

I would have posted this on Range 14's own forums, but it seems like the confirmation email(s) are being delivered by the Pony Express.

I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify Rule 5, which reads: 5. Shooters will dispose of their targets, target holders, and spent shells in the appropriate trash receptacles provided, or take it home. YOU MAY PICK UP YOUR BRASS, AND ONLY YOUR BRASS.

Does this mean that when I'm done shooting at the rifle or pistol range, that I must pick up all of my brass? Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I've never been to a range where I had to pick up my brass (I usually go to indoor ranges and have gone to Thunder Mountain for trap/skeet, and they don't care), and I usually associate shotgun shells/hulls with the word "shell" and not with spent casings.

If this is the case, and I must pick up my spent brass, does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to go about this?

You may pick up your brass, if you want. But if you are picking up brass you can ONLY pick up your own. You do not have to pick up your brass, but you can't pick up any one else's brass. You MUST however pick up shotgun shells, target, and any other garbage.

• Like 1

What they're saying is, always clean up after yourself. If you want your brass(and your brass only) take it...if not, clean up your brass and put it in the designated spots. Indoor ranges, push it forward(usually), outdoor ranges(like Easton) will have "brass buckets".  

What they're saying is, always clean up after yourself. If you want your brass(and your brass only) take it...if not, clean up your brass and put it in the designated spots. Indoor ranges, push it forward(usually), outdoor ranges(like Easton) will have "brass buckets".  

They don't require you to clean up your brass, you can leave it where it landed. They do however require you to pick up your shot gun shells.

People should always clean up their mess out of consideration regardless.

Sweeping it out of the way is different than picking it up, IMO. I simply want to know what is required of me so that I don't make an ass of myself when I go there.
  • Like 1

At $1.30 per pound a few buds can shoot enough rounds in a coupla range visits to buy dinner for a couple at a nice restaurant, so WHY would you leave THAT sorta money layin' on the ground?  If any of you shoot with me and don't want yer brass, I'll gladly police it for you :) .  I can go to Fernandes Steakhouse III on Rt. 35 North in Sayreville after I visit the Beacon Scrap yard, lol! 

The targets that you buy from them and anything else you bring to shoot at like empty soda cans, water jugs and milk containers should be discarded behind the main building. Put them in the dumpsters don't throw them in the garbage cans near your stations. Those are for the smaller items such as empty ammo boxes. 

And don't let Jonathan catch you picking up other shell casings than your own..........lol.

The targets that you buy from them and anything else you bring to shoot at like empty soda cans, water jugs and milk containers should be discarded behind the main building. Put them in the dumpsters don't throw them in the garbage cans near your stations. Those are for the smaller items such as empty ammo boxes. 

And don't let Jonathan catch you picking up other shell casings than your own..........lol.

Jon is a tool to say the least, for some reason he always felt compelled to tell me his life story, probably because I was too nice!

At $1.30 per pound a few buds can shoot enough rounds in a coupla range visits to buy dinner for a couple at a nice restaurant, so WHY would you leave THAT sorta money layin' on the ground?  If any of you shoot with me and don't want yer brass, I'll gladly police it for you :) .  I can go to Fernandes Steakhouse III on Rt. 35 North in Sayreville after I visit the Beacon Scrap yard, lol! 

Where are you getting $1.30 per pound? 

I went on Wednesday and had a great time. I distinctly remember the range master in the tower announcing multiple times that "if you don't want your brass, leave it alone and we'll take care of it for you".

I think I've found my new home range. Seems like as long as you can take directions from the range master and officers, you'll be fine.

Are you married?  If so you are well attuned to taking directions!  It is a great range, enjoy!