Brownie^HP

What are you guys paying / using for home alarm monitoring.

I have a alarm system for my home that is connected to my monitoring company (Supreme Security) using a landline, its $36.50 a month.

Are there any cheaper monitoring opitions out there that you guys are happy with?

Thanks

I paid about the same with ADT on a 2yr contract, as soon as I hit 2 years other alarm companies started spamming me with lower offers.  ADT happily agreed to $24 month when I called and threatened to go with another company.  Right now paying ADT about $27 month in new house but it goes up to $38 in June for the final 2 years.  WTF was I thinking when I signed up for 3 years?? 

I paid about the same with ADT on a 2yr contract, as soon as I hit 2 years other alarm companies started spamming me with lower offers. ADT happily agreed to $24 month when I called and threatened to go with another company. Right now paying ADT about $27 month in new house but it goes up to $38 in June for the final 2 years. WTF was I thinking when I signed up for 3 years??

I worked for them for over 23 years then laid me off. They can kiss my balls. Thats all I'll say. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

If I knew this a year ago I would have gladly flipped them the bird.

Just so you know, me saying this was not just me being pist off because I still am. I was in commercial. But their residential dept sucked fly farts big time. Dunno how it is today but I could never reconnect my system to them knowing what I knew from the past.

Supreme is another crap hole. Don't trust them either.

Before I got laid off, I survived 5 big mergers over the years. The mothership (Tyco), kept buying up everyone. I could not get back into the industry if my life depended on it. Everyone I applied to wanted me, but was shortly being bought out by guess who. All hiring was frozen. The industry sux and is tough to survive in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$18.50 per month with a dedicated cellular radio so if I lost internet or all power, my alarm would still work.

No contract. Just call a few local alarm companies and get the best price.

It's not just about the price. They must have top notch response times. What good are they if it takes them 10 mins to call first responders? Or even if they calk them at all. Believe me. I've seen it all. [emoji21]

I also use SimpliSafe. You buy the equipment up front and it's yours to keep. It's DIY set-up, which I found to be quite easy. Payment options arw $0/month for no monitoring, just a really loud alarm; $15/month for 24/7 monitoring (they use C.O.P.S Monitoring Service); and $25/month that adds a full Internet interface (I can set alarm, change alarm, monitor status, etc., from my cell phone). I use the $25/month service.

I've found them to be very responsive and I like the features. As stated before, you do need to have strong and reliable cell service for the system to work (it's a wireless system). They use T-Mobile as their default cellular carrier, but I called and requested a Verizon module and it works much better for me in my location. It doesn't have to be the same carrier as your cell phone.

It's not just about the price. They must have top notch response times. What good are they if it takes them 10 mins to call first responders? Or even if they calk them at all. Believe me. I've seen it all. [emoji21]

It's C.O.P.S Monitoring and they are super quick! I have set my alarm off a few times by mistake. Once, I gave the wrong code word and had the police

at my house in less than 5 minutes.

It's C.O.P.S Monitoring and they are super quick! I have set my alarm off a few times by mistake. Once, I gave the wrong code word and had the police

at my house in less than 5 minutes.

Lol, did that once when I came home tipsy one night. What a fun trip that was.

Thanks guys for all the great info!!!!

I do own the system out right.

I ended up with Supreme when they bought or merged with First Alert. I got the system from F.A. back around 1994. Its a wireless system and works fine. I have only had to only replace the keypad and batteries.

I'm sick of Supreme going up on the monitoring like every year!!! 

I use Protection One; it's a little more expensive ($41) but it's a locked in price that won't ever go up. It's a long contract (6 years) but it's transferable (I could have transferred it to the new owner when I sold my house) and you can buy it out for the cost of 6 months or so.

They replaced my analog/cell ADT system with their system; for free. The system stayed in my house when I sold it (the new owner didn't want to transfer it to him). When I bought in New Jersey I called them up and they brought me another new system and wired it all up for free; same monthly payment as when I got the system a couple years ago.

From what I've experienced; monitoring and response time has been great. Two way and phone on smoke alarm issues. They also had a distress code that would look like you put in the alarm code to turn it off, but it alerts the monitoring station who turns on and starts recording the two way, muted on their end; and notifies the authorities.

Far more happy then ADT and their rising rates, service call charges, and constant failing sensors and false alarms.