DanMarvel

Official IWI Tavor Thread

Anyone have experience with Midwest Industries Ejection Port Cover seen here?

Does this fit for X95?

My X95 has the MI cover on it, so yeah id imagine its good to go. I didn't install it, the original owner did.. Got to shoot it the other day and didnt get a face full of gas, but i obviously cant compare it to the original stock one.

I got to take some pictures of my SAR... but just recently installed the Gear Head Works folding charging handle. Great investment, as it really cleans up the profile of the rifle. No huge knob that acts like a kickstand. No issue with knocking the bolt out of battery. Was hesitant on it for a few weeks, but glad I picked it up.

Didn't go to extreme with forends or anything like that. Did the MI port cover, PA she'll deflector, Homeland Guns metal selector (ambidextrous), Surefire Scout light, Aimpoint PRO, and Geissele trigger and pack. For a 16" gun, I didn't want to go too far off the deep end... but it has a nice trigger and very comfortable.

The only other thing I'm considering is sending the bolt group to CCR with other things I'm plating, to give it some love. Their cera-plate gives NP3 a run for the money, and has worked well on other firearms/bolts I've used it with (Beretta PX4, CX4 bolt, magazines, Garand clips, etc). Self-lubricating, but also makes cleaning a breeze.

Can't wait till they make that charging handle for the X95...

Too many side chargers in the safe really makes things difficult to move around in and out, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I don't know how I want to configure my x95 lol

Right?

TBH im used to the aftermarket parts market of the AR and am kinda stuck with the limited options on the new X95. Its just sitting the way i got it.. Granted, it had a few cool things on it already, but nonetheless.... Had a Timney trigger and stuff on it when i got it, so saved me some money.

If anyone has an SAR and wants to buy my x95 trigger, its for sale.

No idea; if you ever get to the point of wanting one, contact me and im sure we can work out a deal. Not really looking to actively sell it, i actually just remembered it was included and there isn't any reason to save it, i dont think.

@Screwball what kind of pressure switch is that?

Surefire ST07, with a DS00 switch. Allows for momentary activation from the pressure switch, then momentary or constant activation from the button on the light switch.

Light is a Surefire M600IB Scout light.

Also, current Tavors come with the X95 trigger pack. Unsure exactly when the transition occurred, but sometime around the X95's release.

• Like 1

Ya I have older Tavor which I dont think has the X95 trigger pack.

Be careful with that, being some of the first Tavors brought in had a different trigger pack. Take a look at the Military Arms Channel for their comparison of the X95 and SAR... he mentions the difference briefly. I don't think the 1st Generation gun can use the X95 pack.

Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

I have an extra X95 trigger pack that was used once to test it compared to my old Tavor trigger. I am expecting a reworked ShootingSight trigger by the beginning of next week at the latest. I put mine up on ebay for sale but with a best offer option. If any forum member is interested pm me and i will sell it lower because of ebay fees etc and ship it to you for free as soon as my the ShootingSight trigger comes in.

Steve

Wsp Guys 1st post

Is this the legal NJ Version?

https://iwi.us/X95/XFD18RS.aspx

I ordered it last night from Buds and got email today saying it is prohibited to ship to NJ.. 1st time I got this from Buds.

and the model # is the X95 XFD18RS.  And I have to wait till Monday to find out.   Buds order page has photo of sar version not X95.  But before I ordered I made sure it was the X95 XFD18RS and they confirmed that. And that photo they are using was old stock photo. But description for Tavor is X95 XFD18RS

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/719012403/IWI+TAVOR+X95+556NATO+18+10RD+FDE

Any insight to this?  what do you guys think?

Guns

It is the compliant version... however, Bud's might have misrepresented the model. Hell, the description picture isn't even an X95, so you might just have a FDE gun.

A 16" rifle with a swapped out muzzle brake (pinned) is legal, as well. I think the only issue you can get is the 18" with bayonet lug... being you'd have to have it ground off. There are plenty of FFLs that do the work, so you can pick a brake or go with something other than an 18".

Personally, I wouldn't have got a Tavor if it wasn't the 16" barreled model... if I'm going bullpup, I want short as possible.

Do you add the picatinny rails ? Because it says it has them on the 3,6, and 9 position but I don't see them in the pics

You need to slide of the plastic on front of gun to reveal picatinny rails.

37903dbf94f49a9d9ebe8b80d6bf65ce.jpg

It is the compliant version... however, Bud's might have misrepresented the model. Hell, the description picture isn't even an X95, so you might just have a FDE gun.

A 16" rifle with a swapped out muzzle brake (pinned) is legal, as well. I think the only issue you can get is the 18" with bayonet lug... being you'd have to have it ground off. There are plenty of FFLs that do the work, so you can pick a brake or go with something other than an 18".

Personally, I wouldn't have got a Tavor if it wasn't the 16" barreled model... if I'm going bullpup, I want short as possible.

Buds product description is correct "x95 XFD18RS"...Is the jersey legal version, just old photo.  They have 16.5" but it has Threaded Barrel with F/S so that makes it a no go for Jersey.  

Guns

Buds product description is correct "x95 XFD18RS"...Is the jersey legal version, just old photo. They have 16.5" but it has Threaded Barrel with F/S so that makes it a no go for Jersey.

Guns

What I meant was they could have a regular 18" FDE gun linked to that listing, and got the model number wrong...

All 16" guns come with a flash hider. Bud's won't ship to NJ, but they aren't a no-go. That is how the one sitting in my safe started out. Remove the flash hider, then pin a muzzle brake on... and NJ legal Tavor/X95. Gun doesn't have to be NJ legal at arrival at a NJ FFL... just when it leaves (or an LEO has a letter from his chief).

What I meant was they could have a regular 18" FDE gun linked to that listing, and got the model number wrong...

All 16" guns come with a flash hider. Bud's won't ship to NJ, but they aren't a no-go. That is how the one sitting in my safe started out. Remove the flash hider, then pin a muzzle brake on... and NJ legal Tavor/X95. Gun doesn't have to be NJ legal at arrival at a NJ FFL... just when it leaves (or an LEO has a letter from his chief).

Understood,   thank you brother.  And I want the 16 or 16.5"

Guns

Has  anyone that's added a Manticore Arms curved buttpad to their Tavor (SAR) and had any trouble with the takedown pin getting hung up when you try to put it through the corresponding hole in the recoil/bolt assembly? I can get it to go in but it takes a little fussing with it.  The same pin, with the stock recoil pad installed, goes right through without any resistance.

Everything looks like it is lined up correctly on the outside in terms of the retaining bolt. It just seems like I've got to apply a lot more pressure on the recoil assembly and pad in order to get the pin to go through.

X95-rifle,I'm absolutely regret wasting money on,so far.

After 180 rnds,twice  shipped  back to IWI for trigger repair,

twice hammer puck relapsed,after 1st repair I couldn't even shot one rnd.

Anybody need $2K paper weight?

On 5/5/2017 at 9:46 PM, IS45 said:

X95-rifle,I'm absolutely regret wasting money on,so far.

After 180 rnds,twice  shipped  back to IWI for trigger repair,

twice hammer puck relapsed,after 1st repair I couldn't even shot one rnd.

Anybody need $2K paper weight?

If you want to give away your paperweight I'll take it :)

• Like 1