DanMarvel

Official IWI Tavor Thread

On 4/29/2017 at 1:14 PM, medved11 said:

Has  anyone that's added a Manticore Arms curved buttpad to their Tavor (SAR) and had any trouble with the takedown pin getting hung up when you try to put it through the corresponding hole in the recoil/bolt assembly? I can get it to go in but it takes a little fussing with it.  The same pin, with the stock recoil pad installed, goes right through without any resistance.

Everything looks like it is lined up correctly on the outside in terms of the retaining bolt. It just seems like I've got to apply a lot more pressure on the recoil assembly and pad in order to get the pin to go through.

Yes - I found that I have to squeeze the pad hard against the stock to get the holes to line up well enough to get the takedown pin in, and putting the pin in takes more force as well.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2017 at 7:00 PM, DirtyDigz said:

Yes - I found that I have to squeeze the pad hard against the stock to get the holes to line up well enough to get the takedown pin in, and putting the pin in takes more force as well.

My regular pad is like that.

This is one sweet rifle.  As a lefty - debating whether or not to switch over to a left-eject bolt and add a new trigger pack.
20170530_120559_zpsyg6jildh.jpg?t=1496173432

This is what I'm looking to switch to. Take off my eotech on buy a vortex optic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, fatty said:

This is one sweet rifle.  As a lefty - debating whether or not to switch over to a left-eject bolt and add a new trigger pack.

20170530_120559_zpsyg6jildh.jpg?t=149617

I'm a lefty as well and getting my Tavor configured for left-side eject was worth every penny. I tried a friend's right-side eject model a few times before buying, and while I never took any brass to the face when I fired 5.56 rounds through it, I would get grazed in the chin when shooting .223.  

Shooting a right eject Tavor left-handed sucks.  Your mouth is right over the ejection port so all the unused powder and gasses go into your mouth along with the brass casings.  

Switch it over or shoot off your week shoulder.

2 hours ago, medved11 said:

I'm a lefty as well and getting my Tavor configured for left-side eject was worth every penny. I tried a friend's right-side eject model a few times before buying, and while I never took any brass to the face when I fired 5.56 rounds through it, I would get grazed in the chin when shooting .223.  

I heard about the different ejection pattern between 223 and 556 rounds.  Luckily all i have is 556 so hoping the first trip out will be ok and casings are spent at 1-2 o'clock

@medved11 how much did the conversion cost you?  I know IWI doesnt sell the bolt anymore due to possible head spacing issues.  

I heard about the different ejection pattern between 223 and 556 rounds.  Luckily all i have is 556 so hoping the first trip out will be ok and casings are spent at 1-2 o'clock  

[mention=8214]medved11[/mention] how much did the conversion cost you?  I know IWI doesnt sell the bolt anymore due to possible head spacing issues.  

I actually ordered the factory configured left hand model (B16L I think) which was ~$150 or so more than the standard RH configuration.

According to IWI's webpage regarding LH conversion (https://www.iwi.us/lefthand) they'll charge you $124 + $15 (shipping) to do it at their facility in PA. I'm not sure where your located but they do list Hackettstown Guns & Ammo as a certified armorer that can do the conversion for you.

You may also want to try an "improved" shell deflector that's supposed to chuck the spent .223 brass out at the 1 o'clock position. If you go to Bullpuparmory.com, they've got the Percival Armaments model for $12.99. You'd just replace the factory deflector with this one. I saw a YouTube review and it seems to work pretty well.

Nice thanks!

No problem. If you do the conversion, it's also worth upgrading the plastic port cover that is on the unused port next to your face with a metal one from Midwest Industries or Gearhead Works. Either one of these will seal off the port better than the factory one.

I don't get much gas in my face when I shoot outside but I was getting a face full when shooting indoors. Upgrading the cover solved this issue completely

Geeze, she could have asked for help with cam and editing. Almost fell asleep.

Manticore makes good stuff. So I will just say, why?[emoji848]

• Like 1