Sign in to follow this  
maintenanceguy

Question about Quinton Sportman's Events

I'm a new member at Quinton.  I was on my way to the range this morning to sight in a new rifle.  On the way, I checked the club's website and saw there was a CMP match so I turned around and headed back home.

How do I know which ranges are open and which are closed during events?   If one rifle range was being used for the event and the other was open, it would be nice to know this. The club lists the event but gives no details.

Didnt see you at the threegun today? Win win today. Shot the three gun then picked up a load of forsythia. Then headed home A twofer today. Its a really nice place. Congrats for joining. Other than that. I cant answer your main question

• Like 1

Send Louu on here A message he may be able to help you.    I shoot all the Clay Games there weekly but not A Member.   My involvement with another Club in South Jersey keeps me busy with it as far as the everyday responsibilities I give to it.

• Like 1

I think CMP only uses the 200 meter range. The 100 and all the other ranges should be open on that day.

IDPA only uses the short ranges in the back so the 200, 100 and the one next to that range 100 should be open. 

The high power, black powder and 22 matches use the 200 meter and are over really quick, I think by noon they are all wrapped up. 

3 gun uses all the ranges except the 200. We are trying to get more pits built and that would leave some open all the time. Gonna take time though, big things are coming. 

All of the matches are cheap and a REALLY good time, come out and shoot them. Everyone is welcome. 

• Like 1

Didnt see you at the threegun today? Win win today. Shot the three gun then picked up a load of forsythia. Then headed home A twofer today. Its a really nice place. Congrats for joining. Other than that. I cant answer your main question

No, I usually try to sneak in very early on a Saturday (or weekday if I can get a few hours off) and shoot when the place is empty.  With 3,000 members, I expected there would always be crowds but if I'm there at first shot (8:00), I almost have the place to myself.

I think CMP only uses the 200 meter range. The 100 and all the other ranges should be open on that day.

IDPA only uses the short ranges in the back so the 200, 100 and the one next to that range 100 should be open. 

The high power, black powder and 22 matches use the 200 meter and are over really quick, I think by noon they are all wrapped up. 

3 gun uses all the ranges except the 200. We are trying to get more pits built and that would leave some open all the time. Gonna take time though, big things are coming. 

All of the matches are cheap and a REALLY good time, come out and shoot them. Everyone is welcome. 

Thank you.

Excellent info. I'm printing this to refer to it later.

No, I usually try to sneak in very early on a Saturday (or weekday if I can get a few hours off) and shoot when the place is empty.  With 3,000 members, I expected there would always be crowds but if I'm there at first shot (8:00), I almost have the place to myself.

Does "Shooters on Target" still hold their "Multi-State" CCW class there? I know that starts at 8:00a on Saturdays, but they don't hit the range until about 1p on that day. They do all the paperwork and fingerprints, etc. in the morning.