45Doll

Can Your Personal Ammo Stash Match This?

I'm sure some of us have a little ammo surplus at home or business. You know, at least 10 more rounds than you think you might need at some point.

And in this case, perhaps you've thought about guarding it against fire or other mishap. I know that pistol and rifle rounds that go off in a box don't fly the way they do in a chamber and barrel, but it's not something we would look forward to in any case. Perhaps you spread it out a little.

So, check this out. It's what happens when you put your whole stash in one place. And then something sets it off.

Be sure to turn the sound up.

An ammunition plant fire is not the same as a commercial ammunition fire.

This is a commercial ammunition fire.

http://www.saami.org/videos/sporting_ammunition_and_the_firefighter.cfm

It's long, feel free to skip through it a bit

That's by far the best movie I've seen in 10 years. I loved "One hundred fifteen thousand rounds of..." 

That is a terrific video. Having dealt with numerous small arms ammo going off in a housefire, I can attest to the fact that the video is spot on correct. A lot of noise but no explosions.

However, keep in mind we are speaking of smokeless powder and not BLACK POWDER, which is whole different animal. I have witnessed 30 pounds of black powder go off, which blew the house off the foundation and injured several firefighters some seriously.

In my opinion crooks in high military command sold half of the stash and created the fireworks to cover the theft. However While traveling to Cody, WY I was told the story about someone's house burning with lots of ammo inside, so burry your ammo in the ground. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

An ammunition plant fire is not the same as a commercial ammunition fire.

This is a commercial ammunition fire.

http://www.saami.org/videos/sporting_ammunition_and_the_firefighter.cfm

It's long, feel free to skip through it a bit

Unfortunately can confirm. Lots of popping and not a lot of destruction when you have your ammo cook off. More like you can hear the $ adding up every time you hear the popping.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk