Cereza

Glove recommendation needed…

I'm trying to find a pair of gloves, preferably fingerless, that primarily serve to protect or cushion the web of the hand, i.e. the "adductor pollicis muscle" according to a number of grisly anatomy photos. Any suggestions?

I've seen gloves in the bicycle industry that are half finger and padded or gel covered on the palm. 

Yeah, search on "gel padded gloves womens" in Amazon - pulls up pages of them - most are cycling. Not expensive - 10-20 bucks for most of them. Probably worth checking out. Lots of options.

look up impacto fingerless. Also u-line might make something that would work

Thanks for the suggestion.  

I've seen gloves in the bicycle industry that are half finger and padded or gel covered on the palm. 

Yeah, search on "gel padded gloves womens" in Amazon - pulls up pages of them - most are cycling. Not expensive - 10-20 bucks for most of them. Probably worth checking out. Lots of options.

That was my first thought, and I actually have a pair, but most of the padding is over the "meat" of the thumb, not at the join where I really need it. That said, something is better than nothing, and since I already own them I'll give them a try later this week.

Buy a pair of the dipped rubber gloves that they sell at Lowe's and Home Depot for 5 bucks and cut the fingers out.

Done

Inexpensive solutions are my favorites, but these definitely don't offer the level of cushioning I'm looking for.

Thank you all for your suggestions.  :)

When I ride my mountain bike I always wear gel padded, fingerless gloves. I couldn't imagine using the pair(s)I've owned for shooting as the padding is pretty thick and most of it on the flat of the palm and not the webbing. Been a while since I've looked at buying a new pair so maybe there's better/thinner stuff out now, but worth knowing to look at that aspect or try out a few pairs at a local shop first.