Sign in to follow this  
TrentonShooter

Simple upgrades for my new M&P 15-22 Performance Center rifle ?!?

Just bought a nice Performance Center M&P 15-22. Got this .22lr rifle so it can be a fun learning tool for when I go for a regular AR 15 Rifle. Now I know this model had some upgrades from the regular M&P 15-22 but what are some simple upgrades I can give this rifle to make it more fun.(it's already super fun ) Recommendations on scopes/sights and other accessories are appreciated as well as other components like triggers and other mechanisms. I am a newbie with firearms and shooting so take that to consideration. Also prices. I'm willing to pay the big bucks for stuff that is worth it ! Thanks in advanced !

• Like 1

Aftermarket trigger and a red dot sight. I use a C-more and a Hipertouch 24E trigger on mine. Those parts together cost more then the rifle but I use it in competition for steel plate shoots and it gets me where I want to be.

You can get a cheaper red dot like a bushnell and a cheaper trigger like the ALG and it still would be a nice upgrade over iron sights and the factory trigger. Both of these products you can install yourself with basic tools and be following the directions.

• Like 1

Honestly, if you have performance center version, I can only really suggest an optic.  I have an inexpensive Vortex RDS on mine.  While I could suggest a new grip, a new stock, etc., the PC version looks like its already upgraded in those areas as it is.  I also have a forward vertical grip on mine, but i also have those on my AR's.  After that, its just mags & ammo.  Save your big money for when you step up to its big brother(s).  15-22 is a fun plinking toy, and if you've never learned to shoot an AR, its a decent enough introduction to them (though clearly not identical). 

• Like 1

Totally agree with DSD. I have an MP-15 22 PC version and threw a cheap 6x airgun scope on it and it shoots great. Save your money for the big guys. That gets addictve fast!

Yes I'm looking to get me a nice scope or red dot sight and a foregrip and maybe upgrade to a metal charging handle and I think that's it. Not much out there anyways to upgrade this already upgraded gun. Like you guys said imma have to save for the big and more expensive toys !

So far all I added was a Magpul Low Profile M-LOK Hand Stop Kit, Magpul M-LOK Type 2 rail covers, an aluminum Charging handle from NDZ performance Accessories, and a couple 25 round S&W M&P 15-22 Magazines Pinned to 15 by RRages.com. This is on top of the upgrades the "Performance Center" version already had like VLTOR stock, Magpul M-LOK rail and Magpul Mbus rear and front flip up sights. Still gotta get a scope or red dot sight. Pictures soon if I can figure out how to post them...

A Bushnell TRS-25 red dot optic should be all you need.  You can get one for well under $100.

I've had one on mine for several years.  It works fine, seems to hold zero OK, and lasts for a long time, as long as I remember to turn it off after I use it.  

• Like 1

A Bushnell TRS-25 red dot optic should be all you need.  You can get one for well under $100.

I've had one on mine for several years.  It works fine, seems to hold zero OK, and lasts for a long time, as long as I remember to turn it off after I use it.  

Yep...   I have one on one of my AR's and its pretty accurate for being about $65...

Vortec makes some nice stuff. I have a strikefire on mine.
Not sure what your budget is, but they make good stuff and have a great warranty. Its only a .22 so you dont even have to spend that much for a quality optic, as recoil isn't as much of an issue.
I agree with what everyone else said, though, for sure.. When you upgrade to 223/556 caliber AR's, the prices for things get crazy, so save up for that, so that you can buy a quality AR from the get-go rather than a basic rifle that you end up dropping tons of money into.