Sign in to follow this  
609thomasm

AR build question

Planning on building an AR-15.  I was at the Oaks gun show in PA a couple weeks ago and spoke with a manufacturer and he said that if I buy the lower at the show and the return it to him for some work to be done at his shop he could ship it directly to me when finished. Is this correct. Thanks

Out of state dealers can't sell lowers to NJ residents since they can be used to build an AR pistol. They can ship to an FFL in NJ as any handgun can.

A rifle or shotgun is fine to buy out of state and walk out the door that day. AR lowers and handguns, no way!

• Like 1

Out of state dealers can't sell lowers to NJ residents since they can be used to build an AR pistol. They can ship to an FFL in NJ as any handgun can.

A rifle or shotgun is fine to buy out of state and walk out the door that day. AR lowers and handguns, no way!

oh its true. i found the lower i wanted out of state but couldn't take it home that day. Its got to go to an FFL in NJ.

I’m a NJ resident I bought a rifle in PA gun show from a NJ gun dealer and get to take it home

There are lots of NJ gun dealers at the PA gun shows if the manufacturer gives the lower to a NJ gun dealer to make the transfer to you I think you can give it back to the manufacturer to do the work and send it to you

I have sand my hand guns back to the factory for warranty work and they send it back to me direct

What you guys think ??