Moose11872

Glock grip plug

If you want one or not is up to you. 

The dirt issue is not about cleaning your guns, but about using the gun in dirty/dusty/etc conditions and that channel pretty much is a tube all the way to the trigger mechanism. 

The second reason is that they can improve reloading is they create a better "magwell" effect by removing an area where a mag can hang up.  Odds are if you never reload your gun quickly then it doesn't matter. 

Ah, the infamous Glock to-plug or not-to-plug argument. 

For those with early Glock's with mags that didn't drop free, that orifice served a useful purpose for grabbing the base of the mag with the thumb to remove a stuck magazine. (It still does to this day.) Drop-free mags make that cavity a moot point for many. But someone decided that's a hole that needs to be closed and the "plug" was invented. Now if Glock can only figure out how to close the gaps between the slide and the frame because I can see daylight though mine easily. Seems dirt can get in there too. (Or maybe that's the intended design?) 

Seems an empty mag well is a bigger orifice to allow dirt and sock lint to accumulate when it's empty than that tiny hole beneath the trigger mechanism/ejector housing. JMHO

Ah, the infamous Glock to-plug or not-to-plug argument. 

For those with early Glock's with mags that didn't drop free, that orifice swerved a useful purpose grabbing the base of the mag with the thumb to remove a stuck magazine. (It still does to this day.) Drop-free mags make that cavity a moot point for many. But someone decided that's a hole that needs to be closed and the "plug" was invented. Now if Glock can only figure out how to close the gaps between the slide and the frame because I can see daylight though mine easily. Seems dirt can get in there too. (Or maybe that's the intended design?) 

Seems an empty mag well is a bigger orifice to allow dirt and sock lint to accumulate when it's empty than that tiny hole beneath the trigger mechanism/ejector housing. JMHO

Agreed. If you really get jammed up with a double feed (most likely from a bad magazine) you'll wish you didn't put that plug in. I oversaw several hundred Glocks and had knowledge of any issues encountered with maybe 15,000. Never any problems with reloading quickly either.

FWIW, the agency I worked for had guys attached to the 4th Infantry in Iraq in 2003. They carried Glock 19s in open top holsters. They didn't have any problems with the Glocks or M4s they carried. Of course they cleaned their weapons on a regular basis. So much for the magical moon dust in Iraq people were claiming jammed guns.

My friend cracked the end of his frame when he put the butt plug in. Unless you plan on burying the gun in some mud, I don't see any need.

What brand did he get?

I have a G19 and G26 and had a plug on the G26 (Glockmeister) but it fell out after a few rounds since the 26 doesn't have a lanyard hole to clip it in like the G19.

I like the smoother magwell purpose of it but since it didn't work on my 26 both my Glocks are bare. My wife's G42 will be bare too.

What brand did he get?

I have a G19 and G26 and had a plug on the G26 (Glockmeister) but it fell out after a few rounds since the 26 doesn't have a lanyard hole to clip it in like the G19.

I like the smoother magwell purpose of it but since it didn't work on my 26 both my Glocks are bare. My wife's G42 will be bare too.

Honestly not sure. probably the cheapest one on Amazon.