Bagel51

Looking for an Enfield gunsmith

There's a guy at Cheyenne mountain in Bordentown , I can't remember his name , that works behind the counter whose real into milsurp and was VERY knowledgeable in enfields . For the life of me I can't remember his name . He would be a good one to start with if you're local to that area.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• That's the biggie.. Many infrastructure control workers shifted to working from home in the Covid crazy, in some cases, using their own computers, which have left the door open for intrusion into the systems, through unsecure computers. Peel might get the chance to experience her "Lights Out" book in real life! A few months ago that main pipeline got hacked in the South East... if more like that spread through important electric, NG, fuel, water systems, it will get interesting. For those on city sewer, just imagine what happens when the pumps get hacked and stopped, and crap ain't being sent down the line. ...
    • This stove is over 20 years old so in my research back then, I discovered that a catalytic converter could be expected to last 5 years.  Routine maintenance consisted of taking apart the stove and cleaning the converter annually.  When you say you "don't get more than 6'ish hours average"  I take that to mean you fill up the burn box and don't have to add wood for six hours?  If that's the case, and that's what you are looking for, I don't recommend this stove.  Burn time to add wood for this stove is between 30 - 60 minutes.
    • Link: https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/atf-agents-seize-guns-from-leacock-township-property-amish-farmer-admits-sales/article_736a4096-7e25-11ec-9b81-c73a25950798.html [Note: this is posted to a public forum, so please don't get rabidly partisan/political in your comments. Thx].  This is an interesting recent case where the ATF raided (with 15 agents, no less!) the home/business of an Amish farmer in Lancaster, PA area who owns a dairy farm and foundry and has also done private gun sales (which he claims were all long guns from his large private collection) but which the ATF apparently suspects is more of an unlicensed firearms business. I won't get into the merits of the case itself - since it's too early to do so -but I personally thought it had some interesting angles... First, the Amish people's reticence to being photographed apparently pushes them more towards private sales, a cultural wrinkle I hadn't considered. Quoting from the article: Federal laws require photo identification when purchasing a firearm from a licensed dealer. The Amish contend their religious beliefs prevent them from being photographed, so they cannot buy a firearm from a licensed dealer. However, private sellers don’t have to require the buyer to present photo identification. Additionally, yes, I was somewhat aware of this next angle,  but I guess it never "struck me" until reading this case, re: just how incredibly nebulous and loosely defined the Gun Control Act is with its definition of who needs to get a firearm dealer's license. Again, quoting from the article: A 15-page document posted to the bureau’s [ATF's] site and titled, “Do I need a license to buy and sell firearms?” states that the federal Gun Control Act “requires that persons who are engaged in the business of dealing in firearms be licensed by the bureau.” “Determining whether you are ‘engaged in the business’ of dealing in firearms requires looking at the specific facts and circumstances of your activities,” the document said, noting no federal law sets a “‘bright-line’ rule for when a federal firearms license is required.” The ATF document says a person “will need a license if you repetitively buy and sell firearms with the principal motive of making a profit.” Licenses are not required for someone who engages in “occasional sales of firearms from your personal collection,” the document added. Anyone who “willfully engages in the business of dealing in firearms without the required license is subject to criminal prosecution, and can be sentenced to up to five years in prison, fined up to $250,000, or both,” the document said. Without that clearly defined "bright line" (e.g., no greater than X# guns per year sold, or, sales that are no greater than X# percentage of your annual income, etc.) - it seems like this law is bound to trip people up. On the one hand, the Gov/ATF - through this law - is withholding clear, unequivocal guidance from its citizens, while on the other hand, retaining their ability to punish them severely. (Ha! Am I stating the obvious here? I guess in all these years as a gun owner, I just never really thought about this aspect of the law before... perhaps because I've never personally engaged in a private sale...?).  Anyway, will be interesting to see if we hear more about this case down the road. Just thought it was worthwhile sharing.
    • The metaverse is a pile of shit. Even assuming it is something people want long term, they don’t want what is being made. People don’t want to move to Facebook-burg and be stuck with no amenities but the company store.  Also there were gold atms which heralded the return to hard currency from fiat right? i will also point out that there’s an atm down the street that has a $9 service fee. Just because some grifter sees a chance to make a buck doesn’t mean that’s the future knocking on your door.    I’ll be more excited when making it convenient doesn’t just translate to being rid of the bitcoin you have for a more recognized cash equivalent. Like tell me when we have the first big company offering refunds in crypto when you paid in crypto.