Rob0115

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Has anyone owned one, driven one, has a friend with one?  It looks like a real beast and can still go on the sand at the beach.  How is the quality, build, interior materials, the hemi motor?

Right now they are discounting 16 leftovers by more than 20% and I need an SUV for the wife.  She thinks they look pretty cool.

Thanks.

I drive a 2015 Overland i love it! solid suv. V8 is a must....what kind of deal did they make you. I might trade mine in.

MSRP 76k selling 60,300. I looked at leftover diesel summits but none close by. They are going for 57 ish.

My friend has whatever is below the SRT and it is a really sweet driving vehicle with a ton of features

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Summit. It is nice.

East Hanover and NYC. I haven't spoken to the one in little falls by GFH.

I looked at the GLC43 as well but it's smaller and a bit more. The GLE43 is similarly sized but 20k more.

East Hanover and NYC. I haven't spoken to the one in little falls by GFH.

I looked at the GLC43 as well but it's smaller and a bit more. The GLE43 is similarly sized but 20k more.

look at the Audi q7. for mid 60s you can get a nice package. I bought one for my wife Prestige model with s line package...its like the SRT for Audi. paid mid 70s. 

BUILT LIKE A TANK! much better than the ML we had before.

The new q7 has no s line car because it was released as diesel and we know how VAG feels about diesel. However the q7 prestige is supercharged and was ranked number 1 SUV for 17. Very nice redesign.

I am considering it and is probably the best most practical choice. I wish they still had the TDI. I have a GLS350 blutec that is fanstastic. However the US doesn't love diesel, VAG scandal and now Fiat Chrysler is being investigated for cheating on diesels. There are no 17 small truck diesels for fiat Chrysler and the planned wrangler diesel will not come to the US.

The new q7 has no s line car because it was released as diesel and we know how VAG feels about diesel. However the q7 prestige is supercharged and was ranked number 1 SUV for 17. Very nice redesign.

I am considering it and is probably the best most practical choice. I wish they still had the TDI. I have a GLS350 blutec that is fanstastic. However the US doesn't love diesel, VAG scandal and now Fiat Chrysler is being investigated for cheating on diesels. There are no 17 small truck diesels for fiat Chrysler and the planned wrangler diesel will not come to the US.

Ok so you want diesel. I have the 2015 q7 non diesel. it was the last year with the old body style which personally i liked better. I just looked at the site and see your correct they don't offer the S package anymore but they still give you all the same options in the Prestige now! Its really nice..

Ok so you want diesel. I have the 2015 q7 non diesel. it was the last year with the old body style which personally i liked better. I just looked at the site and see your correct they don't offer the S package anymore but they still give you all the same options in the Prestige now! Its really nice..

No I just like.  There aren't any choices for diesel.  I'm just saying there is no S line for q7 for the US yet because it is a twin turbo, supercharged v8 diesel.  I put myself on line for it an Audi USA told the dealers to give the money back cause it ain't happening.  It was 445HP and 670 lb/ft of torque at 1400 RPM. 

I'm looking at the Q7 and they look great and review highly.  It looks like the Prestige or the Premium plus is similar.  They are very nice.  

They only other car I looked at was a Range Rover sport but our first go round with RR was less than exciting.  However, I am hearing they are much better now.  I can get a sport HSE for a good price.  

Yea pass on the Range. Audi is the way to go. Only thing is the truck is so heavy you burn through tires and brakes every 20k miles. Not sure if they lightened them up with the new style.

they lost some weight 

Slightly off topic, how is reliability of that car? Not specifically SRT but GC in general?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I have an 09 and just had to have the transmission rebuilt. Only 60k miles.

Other than that I love the GCs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an 09 and just had to have the transmission rebuilt. Only 60k miles.

Other than that I love the GCs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is my fear with American cars. in general I cannot fully trust it like Japanese

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

They only other car I looked at was a Range Rover sport but our first go round with RR was less than exciting.  However, I am hearing they are much better now.  I can get a sport HSE for a good price.  

FWIW got my wife one over the summer and we've been happy with it.

I've had many diesels. I just like the power they put down. Fuel economy can't be touched and that's not even important. It's the honkin' low end torque.