Fred2

Serious Threats

Has anyone applied under the new guidelines, and is there a list of what constitutes a serious threat?

My thought is that if the law lets a business owner carry at his business, they should allow him to carry the rest of the time.

The threat does not go away at quitting time.

Has anyone applied under the new guidelines, and is there a list of what constitutes a serious threat?

My thought is that if the law lets a business owner carry at his business, they should allow him to carry the rest of the time.

The threat does not go away at quitting time.

Have you already been killed by those threatening you? No. Then it is not yet a serious threat. 

That should about sum up the judges on this. 

• Like 2

Have you already been killed by those threatening you? No. Then it is not yet a serious threat. 

That should about sum up the judges on this. 

While Justifiable need was predicated on you already being killed, the new standard is supposed to be more lenient.

The question is how low is the bar set.

The democrats are horrified that taxi cab drivers would be able to defend themselves.

Is that the standard?

I went to the local PD, but they were not able to provide any guidance.

Does a shootout in front of your residence counts as a serious threat ?or how about a bullet coming through your front window and traveling through you whole house until embedding it self on my rear door ? Because  it those count I should be good...

3 hours ago, TrentonShooter said:

Does a shootout in front of your residence counts as a serious threat ?or how about a bullet coming through your front window and traveling through you whole house until embedding it self on my rear door ? Because  it those count I should be good...

You could try, but get paperwork on the incident. 

As to the first question, the answer is no

As to the second yes, assuming the Christy standard applies,  if it you were the subject of a specific verbal threat reasonably contemporaneous, so that it could be said that it is probable that person making the threat carried it out or there was direct evidence that the person making the threat was the shooter. That would be a case worth taking if denied.

On 5/19/2017 at 4:40 PM, TrentonShooter said:

According to the State of NJ, since the incident is over, there's no more threat.  Which clearly points out the absurdity of the law.

There was a terrorist bombing down the street from my house in Seaside Park.  Does that qualify as a "serious threat"?

• Like 1

On 5/19/2017 at 4:40 PM, TrentonShooter said:

Maybe next time file the application as the bullet is flying through the air towards your home.  You stand a better chance of not getting immediately denied.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

According to the State of NJ, since the incident is over, there's no more threat.  Which clearly points out the absurdity of the law.

There was a terrorist bombing down the street from my house in Seaside Park.  Does that qualify as a "serious threat"?

During the milliseconds the explosion lasted, NJ would qualify it as a 'serious threat'.   Unfortunately, you didn't get your application in during that window, so they won't consider it now.

• Like 2