Family1st

Stop The TRANSCO Pipeline & Compressor Station In Central NJ.

My wife forwarded me the below email, regarding a compressor station in Somerset County. 

Is anyone familiar with the process, involvement as an: intervenor

There is a info sheet attached on process. but not permitted to upload this kind of doc.   would like to hear from members.  

Thanks  

You are receiving this message because you live in a township that will bedramatically impacted by Compressor Station 206 if it is allowed to be built. his gas powered station would compress methane gas from Pennsylvania through its 32,000 horsepower engine, release harmful chemicals like Benzine into the air around Somerset County, and transport this gas straight to New York City, while our communities take the health and safety risks.

Even worse, Williams, the company that will build this compressor station in our backyards, has a rocky safety record:

http://nyfriendsofcleanairandwater.blogspot.com/2014/04/williams-companies-safety-and.html

We have until April 24th to file as an intervenor with FERC, meaning you'd be able to voice your opposition to this unsafe project.

Anyone in New Jersey can go through this process. I have included a guide to signing 

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Junior Romero

Food & Water Watch/ 

Food & Water Action Fund

Central NJ 909.202.5961

foodandwaterwatch.org

Stop The TRANSCO Pipeline & Compressor Station In Central NJ. Sign Our Petition Below!

https://secure.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2679

Yeah let's kill more American jobs and make things more unsafe. We don't need proper infrastructure to make things work let's just keep relying on the shit from 100 years ago. Let's just sing kumbyya, smoke some weed and tweet about it on our Obama phones.

• Like 6

Looking at where the site is situated - it's in the middle of nowhere.  You know what's nearby?  A ROCK QUARRY.  That's it.

Looking at this proposed structure - I can pinpoint exactly where it is on google maps.

OptionB-Rendering-1024x673.jpg

QP2uYA7.png

I think the Rock Quarry there provides way more dust/noise in the air...

• Like 3

Living next to a rock quarry, it's quite impressive how loud it ISN'T. In fact the machinery doing it's think isn't usually the problem; it's the backup beepers on the big trucks!

As for dust, never seen any come over the ridge.

Now, given how much the ground shakes when they blast, I'd be more concerned about fatigue/damage to the pipeline from the vibrations than anything else.

Also the talk in there about releasing benzene is complete bull shit. No industrial site in this country is allowed to release benzene. That is just made up shit for the hipsters to cry about. 

If they are so concerned about benzene being released into the air they should never own or ride in anything gasoline powered because every time you fuel up you release benzene into the air.

• Like 2

Environmental groups have gone full retard.

Anything fossil= bad

Even switching a coal/electric to a ng/electric

Btw, the coal/electric runs 3-4 months then shuts down as it met its EPA emissions quota.

I mean, seriously guys. Let's work towards green, but in the meantime you have all this stuff. Use this stuff and stage in the green.

Environmental groups have gone full retard.

Anything fossil= bad

I mean, seriously guys. Let's work towards green, but in the meantime you have all this stuff. Use this stuff and stage in the green.

The only thing worse than fossil is nuclear.

The reality is we need a mix of everything. At least for the immediate future. That includes nuclear plants based on modern designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only issue about pipelines and compressor stations and the like?

They ought to provide gas to the local areas.

The Tennessee gas pipeline is less than 2000 feet from my house and I have to use propane.  Some anti-gun hipster douchebag in Westchester gets cheap heat, I just get a nice big scar through the woods where the pipeline is.  Yeah, it pisses me off ;)

The Tennessee gas pipeline is less than 2000 feet from my house and I have to use propane. Some anti-gun hipster douchebag in Westchester gets cheap heat, I just get a nice big scar through the woods where the pipeline is. Yeah, it pisses me off ;)

I understand.

Its great to see so much feed back, At first read it scared the hell out of me. I'm pretty guarded after hearing what fracking did to surrounding communities.   

Lou:  The Benzine release is simply a fear tactic?   Cause once again I'm sure they say its safe because they don't live nowhere in the area. 

I realize I mentally attached this compressor station to be as bad as fracking.  Thats my bad.  

The last thing i want to do is stop someone from earning a living.  I haul out of Rock Quarry's every night.  One in particualr is litteraly a stones through from condo assoc.  When we work out of there were going in and out from 8pm to 7am.  It must be hell for the residents.  I try to be as quite as possible.  No exhaust brake, Wont slam gate. Etc.  But you can only be so quite with dump truck. And I know if it were up to the residents I'd be out of job.  

My main concern is if its safe to surrounding communities.  

I realize I need to research more about the project.  

The Tennessee gas pipeline is less than 2000 feet from my house and I have to use propane.  Some anti-gun hipster douchebag in Westchester gets cheap heat, I just get a nice big scar through the woods where the pipeline is.  Yeah, it pisses me off ;)

2000ft? There's a gas pipeline that runs through my front yard. I don't know which or what but there's no gas service at my house either.

2000ft? There's a gas pipeline that runs through my front yard. I don't know which or what but there's no gas service at my house either.

A true pipeline and not just a pipe?   Because if it's just a pipe, you probably COULD get gas, you'd just have to pay for the hookup, which wouldn't be cheap, but it's possible.

The pipeline I'm near consists of two pipes.  One 30" pipe and one 36" pipe.    I don't know how many millions of cubic feet of gas flow through there, but it's enough to do my entire town hundreds of times over.

The Tennessee gas pipeline is less than 2000 feet from my house and I have to use propane. Some anti-gun hipster douchebag in Westchester gets cheap heat, I just get a nice big scar through the woods where the pipeline is. Yeah, it pisses me off ;)

This, most of these gas pumping stations are built in the middle of nowhere, offer the residents service as a give/take. I think Jefferson or somewhere around there is having the same issue. Where they pay for oil and propane, yet will have a massive NG station they can't use.

Article with insight as to why we do not have LNG delivered like propane.  

http://extension.psu.edu/natural-resources/natural-gas/news/2012/07/compressed-natural-gas-for-home-use

Not to mention the high cost per mile to deliver to homes in rural areas.  The cost per therm in these areas would be much higher than propane.