Sign in to follow this  
Njbanshee

Arsenal SLR 107R

I had a 107 but sold it recently to fund another purchase. Mine was well put together (no canted sights and the finish was even). My only "complaint" is the stock Arsenal trigger, which I replaced as soon as it came out of the box with a G2. I put about 500 rounds through mine before I let it go and never had any issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear they have bad finish issues

Arsenal guns have reputation for having a finish that doesn't stand up too well to the more aggressive cleaners. I've used SLIP 2000 and M-Pro 7 on my mine and never had a problem with any of the finish coming off during cleaning. The only spot that I've ever seen any (very very minor) bubbling is right around the gas block on my SAM7. I've kept an eye on it since I first noticed it and it hasn't gotten any worse or spread (after putting another ~500+ rounds through it)

• Like 1

On 4/7/2017 at 6:34 PM, Njbanshee said:

Nice price point from a great company. Any have one?

I don't personally own one however, I have seen several at the range I belong to and the owners have had good things to say about them. They also brought up their worries of the finishing issues on the barrels as mentioned by the AK Operator's Union in one of their videos. However I personally haven't seen any strange wear or bubbling on the ones I've seen. That being said, I have zero clue how many rounds they've put through it. I personally am thinking of selling my C39V2 for one. 

I bought 107 parts kit from AK builders and a nodak spud receiver.   I'll be painting mine when it's done.   I'm also not using AK furniture but instead AR buffer tube, stock, rail system, gas block front sight.   Shortened the barrel as well. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 5:21 AM, Rob0115 said:

I bought 107 parts kit from AK builders and a nodak spud receiver.   I'll be painting mine when it's done.   I'm also not using AK furniture but instead AR buffer tube, stock, rail system, gas block front sight.   Shortened the barrel as well. 

I have (2) Russian parts kit & (1) Polish kit waiting to get put together.   The Polish was supposed to be my Krebs clone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CageFighter said:

I have (2) Russian parts kit & (1) Polish kit waiting to get put together.   The Polish was supposed to be my Krebs clone.

I'm guessing you have a nice stash of tools and a press.  I don't I had to get a gunsmith to help me assemble mine.  

43 minutes ago, CageFighter said:

nope, I ship my stuff to Jim @ JBI Armory in TX.  :o

Nice I got mine back a month ago and it shoots like a dream.