panteramatt

Looking for Pet suggestions

Keystone exotics says this:

If  you are a New Jersey resident and you want to purchase an animal from Keystone Exotics, you first obtain a pet permit and an importation permit from the NJ Dept of Fish and Game. Before they'll issue you these two documents, you'll need a health certificate. I can get this from my vet. You can't bring any animal into your state without at least these three documents.

How much is this gonna cost and how long does it take?

Yup the legal ones you buy are friendly and if you do your part with training them they can be really great pets. I don't have any other personal experience with any other breeders but there is plenty out there. Some in NJ too, just do some research on the breeder beforehand as the exotic pet world can be a very shady place. You have to obtain your permit before you buy so get that first.

Just called a place for pricing on a coatimundis and kinkajous and their $2500!

yes the more exotic and unusual the more expensive usually. Then you get into color months such as albino and what not and the prices really jump up. Just remember that you get what you pay for.

I got a Chinchilla as a present once... worst present I ever got.

They clean themselves in a white dust, which gets everywhere. They crap all over the place... not disgusting wet crap, but little brown rice grains. They are predominantly nocturnal, so you are going to hear them bouncing off the walls. Very temperature dependent... so figure warmer summers (no nearby A/C vents, and not keeping the house at 68). Drafts aren't a good thing, either. Not a free ranger, either. But letting it run in its ball was fun (except the crap issue).

Pass on the chinchilla.

• Like 1

The pigs get big like 200lbs big. The ones that are really small are being feed a nutrient poor diet to slow/prevent them from growing property as juveniles. Those ones do not live long. According to my friend who does the whole 4H pig thing.

Yes pigs make good pets just not indoor house pets.

I have no experience raising one... but I've always wanted a fennec fox. Adorbs!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fennec+fox&view=detail&mid=3C047D0354B3A3BBE2DD3C047D0354B3A3BBE2DD&FORM=VIRE

4 baby fennecs taking a bubble bath! OMG. So cute!

Well, I've seen puppies going for 1500. Don't get me wrong - it's a lot of cha-ching to plunk down. But, it's not as bad as some other exotics. Raccoon would be fun too though. Smart, curious - would keep you on your toes! Good luck with the search.