TrentonShooter

Kel Tec Sub 2000

I believe the .40's are easier to find than the 9 mm's.  I just got one a couple of weeks ago from Target Sports USA in 9 mm that takes Glock 17 mags.  First time I shot it, I ended up with a huge, bright red welt on my cheek from getting smacked around by it.  I can't even imagine what the .40 would have been like.  It's hard to get low enough on it to line up the iron sights.

I've subsequently purchased a rubber pad that is claimed to soften the impact.  More importantly, I added a Primary Arms red dot optic, which sits pretty high, and may keep me from having to mash my cheek against the bare steel stock.

PM me if you would like more info.  

• Like 1

I had the .40 and found it to be unpleasant to shoot. If I were looking for one now, I would hold out for a 9.

Most can be fixed with a heavy brass bolt and if you want to get serious, the SUMO charging handle (Twisted Industries makes it).

Got to remember, it is a blowback that needs to operate across both common 9mm and .40 loads (bolt and spring are identical between guns). Increasing the energy will have a similar increase in recoil on your shoulder... unless you increase the mass of the bolt.

Barrel is threaded from factory, but it includes a thread protector. That, or a muzzle break in its place, must be pinned and/or welded in place.

That is correct...

A6F03D89-2D62-4B05-9C24-9BBAAB671C0B_zpsyiwxrwji.jpg

Love mine. Have to send the new bolt, bolt handle, and a few magazines to CCR to match the finish... but going to send my Remington Model 7 bolt for plating, as well.

2 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

As an alternative, you may wish to also consider a JR Carbine in 9mm Glock. I have one and have been happy with it.  I purchased it from Garden State Shooting Center who had ordered it for me.

Well I'm looking for the Kel Tec but yes I am considering another AR type carbine if I can't find it

16 minutes ago, TrentonShooter said:

Where is Oaks? I'm not familiar with this place 

It's a gun show held about 3-4 times a year at the Greater Phila Expo  Center in Oaks, PA.

It's run by Eagle Gun Shows. They promote shows all over SE PA.  See their web site for more info.  http://www.eagleshows.com/