WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

EOTech Refund deadline is May 23, 2017

http://www.fostersettlement.com

If you want to trade in your EOTech for MSRP cash plus $15 shipping refund and $22.50 voucher, the deadline is a little over a month away. I have a 10 year old A65 I'm sending in for the original MSRP of $479....Winning!

If you're really intrepid and Bugsy slick-like, you could start buying up used EOTechs on various boards arbitrage the difference.

Also, if you're keeping your EOTech you can still claim a reduced cash settlement.

I was thinking about sending in my EO but i dont think i can send in my G33 with it, and though i got it in an HHS case, it is the EXPS3-0 with the magnifier, Not the 3-2 or whatever reticle it was that came with the HHS1, so i don't know if theyd give me money back for both or if i can only send in the EXPS3-0.. Anyone know?

/

i'm just curious......why would we want to turn them in? personally, i love my xps2........

Bought mine for quite a bit less than retail....

Could pocket the difference by re-purchasing a like-new unit at a good deal with some patience or just buy a brand new unit for the same price...

Mine is basically new, though.. I barely used it, but if i can get msrp for it i'd be an idiot to turn it down.

The  court hearing approving the Class Action is scheduled in June. So far, preliminary approval has been given, but until the final, payments cannotl not be made.  Assuming the court gives final approval and there are no appeals taken,  payouts should start sometime in July

So we're supposed to send the units in and HOPE we get the money? Or do they return them if everything falls through???? Or are they not being sent back to Eo until then? Bit confusing. My understanding was submit your claim and send the unit in, but i don't want to do so and risk losing the sight AND money if Eo closes their doors tomorrow because of the suit.

I sent mine in appox 3 weeks ago.....haven't heard back yet........I thought I saw somewhere some people got their checks already.....I'm going try and double check that.

I sent mine in appox 3 weeks ago.....haven't heard back yet........I thought I saw somewhere some people got their checks already.....I'm going try and double check that.

(Update:...Just called Andrew Tyler Foster, et al. v. L-3 Communications EOTech, et al. Administrator- as per the rep. who picked up the phone stated that the Final Hearing is at the end of June and that I will prob. see the check in the Fall of this year!......)

WTF? So its a big gamble, then? If something goes wrong or Eo goes bankrupt anyone who sent it in is SOL? I Know i saw posts from a year or so ago of people who sent it in and got their checks after about a month, but im not waiting 5+ months to get the money, thats insane.

• Like 1

Ok, so let me get this straight. The USG uncovers a lie that EOTECH has been telling all of us for years and sews them, EOTECH goes ahead and admits it and offers to pay everyone who wants full MSRP for their used sights, even though we all know that no one paid MSRP for their sights new. They were trying to make good and offered a full MSRP refund, no questions asked. Now comes along some greedy schmuck for whom a full MSRP refund is just not enough and wants even more, and sews them, again. At this point EOTECH says "we were trying to make good but now people are getting greedy" and decides that now no refunds will come until the law suit is over.

To be honest I don't blame them. Yes they screwed up, yes they lied. But they were trying to make good by refunding people more money then they originally paid. What other company would ever do that for any of their shitty products?

For the folks that have shipped a sight in to the PA law firm, did you receive any sort of acknowledgement or receipt?  I submitted an online claim and am having a hard time with the whole shipping of my sight with no guarantee.  

• Like 2

I am wondering the same thing as JC_68Westy.  Has any1 gone the fostersettlement (http://www.fostersettlement.com/) route of getting your eotech purchases reimbursed?

I would much rather run holosuns if your going to have optic issues.  If the holosun has the same issues, at least it is a ~$200 budget optic vs a ~$500 optic that eats more expensive cr123 cells.  I’ve experienced thermal drift on both my eotechs and had issues hitting a 10" wide torso steel target at 100 yards.  Range trip 1, zero the eotech, shoot for the day then store the gun.  Range trip 2, cannot hit the same target at 100yds (100yds isnt that far).  I think its crazy that the sight can self adjust in NJ temps/weather (do usually go rain, snow or shine. my record is going in 18 degree weather).  Its ridiculous that I have to rezero the optic every time I go to the range.  Obviously the zero is worst some times then others but thank god for backup irons (troy folding battle sights), zeroed 1 and done.

I went through the site and shipped 2 optics last week. They arrived on Monday according to USPS tracking. Haven't gotten any email notification yet though, but it's to a PO box so I don't know how often they check.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

cnk
r u confident that u will receive $ back (after whatever the wait time is)?  Did u have to fill out 2 forms, 1 for each optic?  I have 2 that I would need to send it as well.

I wasn't using the optics so I didn't mind taking the risk. I filled out 2 online forms, but shipped both in a single box with delivery confirmation, signature required, and insured.

I looked at it as a sunk cost. So hopefully I'll get the MSRP back for both.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

cnk

I was using both of my eotechs on rifles (they r currently on my desk as i want to send them in), but i want to replace them as i stated in my earlier post.  Replace 1 with a low power variable scope with a set of offset buis and the other with a holosun red dot on it.  So I guess I will file claims and proceed as you did.  Any1 else joining?

My understanding is that anyone who has been paid, was paid directly through Eotech via their pre-class action voluntary settlement program, which incidentally, is not as good as the proposed class payout schedule, although persons who took advantage of the voluntary program,  are eligible for a slight kicker under the proposed class action settlement. But no double dipping.  You will not receive an email acknowledgment that your Eotech was received. Based upon my experience, since they have invited the return of units prior to final approval, this has to be a pretty much a done deal. Usually payouts in this type of a class are first in, first out.