WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

EOTech Refund deadline is May 23, 2017

23 minutes ago, Buns of Guns said:

I submitted my online claim around this time last month. No email response, not even a letter in the mail. When I ship my sight in, anybody know what documents I should include? Just my claim number and contact info?

I take that back. I decided to give them a call and they said nothing is needed except for the sight, assuming the claim was submitted electronically. $15 flat reimbursement for shipping.

May 23rd is the deadline for submitting a claim AND shipping the sight. The instructions weren't clear on the latter. I was hoping I could keep it on my rifle until the settlement was complete.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buns of Guns said:

I take that back. I decided to give them a call and they said nothing is needed except for the sight, assuming the claim was submitted electronically. $15 flat reimbursement for shipping.

May 23rd is the deadline for submitting a claim AND shipping the sight. The instructions weren't clear on the latter. I was hoping I could keep it on my rifle until the settlement was complete.  

Basically my issue.... drop a bunch of money to replace an optic i won't get paid for for months sounds a bit risky to me. Unfortunately, this was a HUGE hit for Eo and as much as i hate to say it, Eo might have some troubles. L3, not so much, but Eo themselves could be in for some ****.. As big as they are, eating dirt on even 10% of all holo sights sold in the last 10 years has to hurt.

i sent mine in in November and got check in early February.  no issues.  friend of mine got his as well.   I hated mine..with N batteries.  

I am not sure how you guys would trust  optics that's known not to hold zero..

OK update. As I was getting ready to take off my wife's exps 2-2 she see's me. Asks what the deal is and I explained all the crap and that her sight was off a bit without it being used. She said "let me see it".........IT WAS FINE. We went to a local range confirmed that it indeed held zero. What kind of voodoo shit is that? Anyway I sent off one 3-0, I'll keep my 2-0 since its been fine. Just got my package and now I'm rolling with a shiny new MRO. I'll keep the forum posted.

update.

so i shipped out my 2 eotech sights (xps2-0 xps2-2) and the situation is feeling a lil sketchy. I literally copied and pasted the address that they want them sent to, and UPS is having an issue with the address saying it needs to be corrected.  Then they "correct it" and then say it is missing a suite number or something and is "corrected again".  It is currently "out for delivery" but this is not confidence inspiring with my expensive sights in limbo.  If they dont get them I dont get refunded?!  It isn’t my fault the address they gave out is all wonky.  Nervously biting my nails that it gets delivered and I can get my refund.

update

my eotechs got delivered, but to a different address? My only guess is because I requested a signature at delivery. Well all I can do is document everything, which I already have done. Good luck to myself and every1 else who is going through the same process.

shipped to:

Foster, et al. v. L-3 Communications EOTech, Inc

c/o Heffler Claims Group

P.O. Box 60255

Philadelphia, PA 19102-0255

delivered to:

Foster, et al. v. L-3 Communication
c/o Heffler Claims Group
1515 MARKET ST
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19102
US

I shipped it to the address on the form with signature required and it was delivered without issue to the PO box. You may want to verify that the address it went to is the lawyer's office.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, cnk said:

I used USPS.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I used UPS because I have an account with them and it was easy for me to print the label and drop it off in one of the dropboxes on my way home from work.   If I used my town's USPS, I would still be there trying to mail it.  I guess I could have used stamps.com or whatever their website is for that.  I have more experience with UPS and more confident in their services.

I guess I will try to use the inquiry form on the website to contact them about the shipping confusion.

Update:

I reached out to them about receiving my eotechs.  Here is the reply I received. 

"Thank you for contacting Heffler Claims Group. We have received your scope.."

Should I be concerned, "scope" as opposed to the quantity of 2 holographic weapon sights I mailed in.  Oh boy, fingers crossed!

On 5/24/2017 at 2:51 PM, liquidrazer said:

update

my eotechs got delivered, but to a different address? My only guess is because I requested a signature at delivery. Well all I can do is document everything, which I already have done. Good luck to myself and every1 else who is going through the same process.

shipped to:

Foster, et al. v. L-3 Communications EOTech, Inc

c/o Heffler Claims Group

P.O. Box 60255

Philadelphia, PA 19102-0255

delivered to:

Foster, et al. v. L-3 Communication
c/o Heffler Claims Group
1515 MARKET ST
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19102
US

That's because neither UPS nor Fedex deliver to P.O. boxes. The system auto corrected to the most logical physical address

I received an email to my inquiry about when checks would go out and below is their response:

Thank you for your correspondence. On July 7th 2017 Final Approval of the Class Action Settlement was granted at the Final Fairness Hearing. Distribution will occur within 30 days of the class action’s effective date, August 7th 2017, barring an appeal of the final approval. Please visit fostersettlement.com for all updates on the case.

Good news, I received the email just recently, which has a faster payout schedule then what i was told on the phone. I am waiting on payment for 3 of these and have a pre-order on the Vortex razor, AMG UH-1.

They just updated the www.fostersettlement.com site with this:

The class action litigation has been resolved and the case concluded by the court.  Class member claims were required to have been filed by May 23, 2017.  Payments are being processed and will begin to be mailed on or about September 13, 2017.  For any class member who filed a claim on time, but failed to return the sight, please be advised that as of September 15, 2017, the claims administrator will not accept any sights returned by class members who previously had filed timely claims.

• Like 1