Sevenshot

Too large for wallet FID

I laminated mine, didn't trim it. Left the lamination part a little wider.

Doesn't fit in the credit card slots of my wallet (trifold), but fits in the money part in the center when folded. Very secured.

I don't carry my FID normally. I find if I have it on me, I'm more likely to buy a long gun. I leave it in the safe, and either toss it in my wallet if I need it for a purchase or in my range bag (I take most places with guns, as it has eyes/ears and first aid) if I'm going to shoot.

Laminated and then trimmed the sides and rounded off the corners. Fits fine now. Carry it at all times in case I ever decide to stop into a shop on my way home to feel out some guns and the counter guy asks for proof of FID just to browse.

My wallet has some largish pockets, so I have no issue keeping it in there 24/7. It is, of course, laminated.

http://www.carhartt.com/products/carhartt-men-wallets/Oil-Tan-Passcase-Wallet-61-2234

Built like a tank and fits my FID.

I keep it on me in case I need to buy some handgun ammo, see a gun I like, come across a deal too good to pass up, etc.

Also, I recommend the thickest lamination offering from Staples. It's about the thickness of a credit card when all is said and done.

I recall that mine was laminated, but I never cut it to fit into the Credit card folder.  I kept it in the middle section of my tri-fold, same as I do my FL CWFL. This, so its hidden if I'm pulling out my license (which is in the Credit Card folder).

Laminated and then trimmed the sides and rounded off the corners. Fits fine now. Carry it at all times in case I ever decide to stop into a shop on my way home to feel out some guns and the counter guy asks for proof of FID just to browse.

Same here. Trimmed and laminated. My card is 34 years old and I always keep it in my wallet, just in case. Looks like crap but it always works.

I've heard of people trimming the paper as much as possible to leave any writing intact and then laminating and trimming it so it fits in a CC slot. Personally, i just had it laminated as is and trimmed it to fit in my money bill part of my wallet. The edge gets a little bent sometimes but nothing major.

This freaking state does it on purpose just to F with us.

Dont be ridiculous. Just about everything is too big. SSN, DL, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laminated mine and trimmed it as much as i could.  Still doesn't fit into a CC slot, but i put mine in the pocket behind the CC slots.  Its a little bit large for that area, but with a billfold wallet, it still fits enough and closes properly. 

I've heard of people trimming the paper as much as possible to leave any writing intact and then laminating and trimming it so it fits in a CC slot. Personally, i just had it laminated as is and trimmed it to fit in my money bill part of my wallet. The edge gets a little bent sometimes but nothing major.

This is what I did. Trimmed the paper card itself as much as possible, then laminated, then trimmed the laminate. Fits perfectly in my wallet now.

Also, it's good to have it with you if you keep a(n) (unloaded) long gun in your trunk.  

• Like 1

I never carry mine unless I'm buying a gun. And when I am carrying it, I put it in my pocket.

I always carry mine because I never know if I will be buying a gun that day. I also carry extra COEs.

Any day I buy a new gun is a GOOD day! Logic dictates you should always be prepared to have a GOOD day!

• Like 1

On 4/19/2017 at 6:28 PM, Ray Ray said:

I never carry mine unless I'm buying a gun. And when I am carrying it, I put it in my pocket.

+1 Same here. 

7 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Luggage Tag size?

Sure, if that's what we call standard FID size. Lamination only overhangs maybe 1/16".

Pretty lame for an important document in 2017, should at LEAST be a imprinted card w/ picture... I mean even Costco has them haha ;)

On 4/16/2017 at 3:37 AM, bhunted said:

Been carry this for years. Built like a tank and fits almost anything.

http://www.specopsbrand.com/t-h-e-wallet-j-r.html

T.H.E. Wallet J.R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the very least, I got a good wallet thanks to this thread.  Thanks bhunted!

• Like 1