Sevenshot

Too large for wallet FID

15 hours ago, NJturtlePower said:

Sure, if that's what we call standard FID size. Lamination only overhangs maybe 1/16".

Pretty lame for an important document in 2017, should at LEAST be a imprinted card w/ picture... I mean even Costco has them haha ;)

Be careful what you wish for. I'm sure that if they did go to that type of card, we'd be forced to renew (and be fingerprinted) every year or two and be forced to wait even longer than we already do. :wacko:

8 hours ago, mattm754 said:

Be careful what you wish for. I'm sure that if they did go to that type of card, we'd be forced to renew (and be fingerprinted) every year or two and be forced to wait even longer than we already do. :wacko:

Guess you are unaware of the bill introduced a week ago that pretty much does just this.

On 4/15/2017 at 9:50 PM, DirtyDigz said:

I leave mine in the safe except for when I'm going to a range or getting ready to transfer a firearm.  I carry a paper copy stamped "copy" in my wallet.

Has anyone accepted the copy as proof?

I also made a copy that I just keep at home.

6 minutes ago, ogfarmer said:

This again, and once again Sandra Cunningham from District 31 is a co-sponsor. 

Where are our Bayonne and Jersey City people? They need to make their voices heard:

PHONE NUMBER:    (201) 451-5100
     FAX NUMBER:    (201) 451-0867

1 hour ago, Tilbius said:

this is important news. tbh i just scanned it, are we grandfathered in with our current FIDs?

Of course not. There are an estimated 1 million gun owners in NJ—you think they're going to pass up the opportunity to get $100 a year out of each of them?

10 minutes ago, Tilbius said:

wait where does that say $100 a year

The $100 fee is proposed in A800

There are currently 183 proposed bills for "PUBLIC SAFETY - WEAPONS" currently milling about the NJ Legislature (including one reducing magazine limits to FIVE rounds), and if Phil Murphy is elected expect to see the lion's share to written into NJ law. 

ETA: I just realized A800 was withdrawn… I'm happy about that but I wonder why? 

Edited by Cereza
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cereza said:

The $100 fee is proposed in A800

There are currently 183 proposed bills for "PUBLIC SAFETY - WEAPONS" currently milling about the NJ Legislature (including one reducing magazine limits to FIVE rounds), and if Phil Murphy is elected expect to see the lion's share to written into NJ law. 

ETA: I just realized A800 was withdrawn… I'm happy about that but I wonder why? 

it's now bill A995: https://www.billtrack50.com/BillDetail/458838

If it passes, I hope it does with a high fee. It's an incorporated individual right. There's case law out there that $6 is too much of an obstacle to said right. If it is in the public's interest, let the public pay for it. 

1 minute ago, raz-0 said:

If it passes, I hope it does with a high fee. It's an incorporated individual right. There's case law out there that $6 is too much of an obstacle to said right. If it is in the public's interest, let the public pay for it. 

so you're okay with a $100 annual fee?

What's crazy about this fee is that it's literally just going to line pockets just like every other fee in NJ. I'm not naive enough to think this doesn't happen everywhere, just shocked at how blatant it is up here.

Also, $100 annually won't stop me from protecting my home. However, those who are at highest risk of gun violence will not be able to afford it so won't change those statistics.