Howard

Just got L.A.S.R. software and am loving it for dry fire.

Just set up my L.A.S.R. software and am really enjoying it. This is going to make dryfire fun and it gives lots of feedback. While I used to be a Grand Master in dry fire, now I have actual feedback and see where I was cheating and not getting the full value out of dryfire. With this tool you get immediate feedback on your hits and you can even set it up to do scoring and hit factors. With a second camera you can have it video both the targets and you so you can see how you are handling the gun. This is great for practicing for #USPSA, #IDPA or any other shooting. The built in templates let you easily apply overlays for realistic scoring. Here is a video of it in use, excuse the poor lighting and other visual distractions.

• Like 2

It's not just software, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is just software, but you need something like a laser SIRT or a laser cartridge in a double action gun. They also sell stuff so you can use a non-visible laser.

Does the laser activate when the striker hits or when the trigger starts to move? The former would be good to see POA but the latter could be used to track if POA changes just prior to firing.

Sorry if noob questions.

Does the laser activate when the striker hits or when the trigger starts to move? The former would be good to see POA but the latter could be used to track if POA changes just prior to firing.

Sorry if noob questions.

There is a SIRT that has two lasers and each does what you are suggesting.  But the software is designed to operate when the hammer hits on a gun.