Darrenf

Good news guys, get your NJ CCW now...

It sucks because I always liked him on different shows I'd seen him on and my wife and I definitely planned on taking a course or two of his when he was in the area, but based on his responses to us asking for more info I'd say right now the odds of me ever spending a dime with him are worse than my CCW permit being accepted in NJ right now. What he needs to do is admit he was wrong (we all have bad days) and go from there, instead of digging in even further. That is something few people are capable of these days.

• Like 1

Darren, there are much better and relevant trainers out there teaching quality TTPs that are commonly accepted by the premier gunfighters of our day and age. They amazingly even manage to teach you without being condescending!

Like I said in the other thread - do your research on your instructors. Vet them, their methods, their philosophies, and make sure what you are learning is what you want/need to learn. Then spend your money appropriately.

• Like 4

I remember a while back the NJ2AS was trying to get a large group to apply for permits to carry and see what happens. The idea was that most if not all would be denied at that could be the basis for a lawsuit. Don't know what ever became of it.

I do wonder how many people actually got so far as being in front of a judge. From what I understand, most of us, myself included, don't want to risk being denied and never even apply. I know many PDs talk people out of applying.

I believe the plan was sound, but not many signed up for it.

The "catch 22" is the "have you ever been denied a permit before?" question. No one wants to be first to jeopardize their mythical future NJ CCW permit.

I wonder how many out of state ccw permits there are in NJ?

The "catch 22" is the "have you ever been denied a permit before?" question. No one wants to be first to jeopardize their mythical future NJ CCW permit.

judging by the NH thread, I'm betting quite a few.

not to mention all the people who've taken the FL and UT classes.

• Like 1

Forget just mythical NJ CCW permit, this is asked on the normal NICS form (whatever Form number it is you all always refer to it as). Who the hell would want to mark that box? I agree with you using the word "mythical". I'll continue to support the organizations fighting for 2A, but there is no way we will see much change in this state. I'll apply for a NH permit just so I can bring my guns to PA and not worry about an issue there. I can hit the range a mile away on lunch and shoot. It's been so long this state has dealt with this. I just don't see a huge shift.

Back on the OP. This guy is an idiot (not the OP himself, but this Rob dude). Almost like he knows the result and will get off on people getting screwed based on his recommendation.

I remember a while back the NJ2AS was trying to get a large group to apply for permits to carry and see what happens. The idea was that most if not all would be denied at that could be the basis for a lawsuit. Don't know what ever became of it.

I do wonder how many people actually got so far as being in front of a judge. From what I understand, most of us, myself included, don't want to risk being denied and never even apply. I know many PDs talk people out of applying.

I had gotten all the paperwork to do it when they anounced it, was advised by my LEO, the one i trust for pretymuch everything i need, not a random officer, (hell hes offered to come in on his day off to help me out when our schedules dont sync) not to do it, NJ2AS didnt really seem to be going anywhere with it, so i didnt go through with the application. im going to assume a lot of people were in a similar boat

I know a cop through work that does the firearms paperwork for his department. He told me they tell everyone not to bother because they will be denied. I'm certain most people stop at that point. I still wonder how many people actually got to the point where they were denied by a judge rather than just talked out of submitting their application.

My chief has said he will sign. I will be denied in court.

Thinks national carry is possible but would like persons have some training.

At this time I have no desire to waste my time. If I see a well organized and planed effort I will join and apply.

As of yet, that effort remains unseen.

The jury is still out on the OP, he could be an idiot also. :)

He may not be an idiot.  He's just trying to drum up business as a good capitalist would.  He's trying to take advantage of people's emotions to grow his training business.  The idiots are those who might believe his crap.  Fortunately, NJ gun owners aren't as dumb as he looks. 

I remember this and went to get the paperwork at my local PD. And they also tried to talk me out of it.

I'm thinking of doing it again, just to see what happens.

aren't there any pro 2a judges in any of these courts in ANY town in nj? i remember reading about a police chief in a relatively big california city who basically said their illegal laws can go to hell and she'd issue permits to whoever is eligible and applies. we need that here

• Like 1

aren't there any pro 2a judges in any of these courts in ANY town in nj? i remember reading about a police chief in a relatively big california city who basically said their illegal laws can go to hell and she'd issue permits to whoever is eligible and applies. we need that here

It would be easy if it were up to local judges.  It's a Superior Court Judge that makes the decision.  A tight club.  

When the time comes when/if we are able to get a carry permit,  I will use Gun For Hire.  They know more about this stuff then anyone. Dont waste your time with morons for training.

GFH......ask him how he got his NJ CCL ......he won't discuss it, and I've asked.

• Like 1

GFH......ask him how he got his NJ CCL ......he won't discuss it, and I've asked.

Why should he discuss it?  It's none of anyone's business.  If he has a connection, or hired a good lawyer, or got lucky, good for him.  

^^^I actually agree with this - otherwise we are just talking about another example of a connected citizen or someone who's life matters more than others.  And I assume you are talking about an actual concealed carry permit which is valid not during hours of business only (as we know, all gun shop owners and employees in NJ are open carrying on premises during business hours) - then yes that is a rarity.

At the end of the day - if you are not a prohibited person, regardless of what you do, who you know, where you live in NJ, who's campaign you donate to, what judge's son you went to high school with, how many favors you are owed, you should have the right to carry for self defense in this state and others - obviously we know it doesn't exist like that here.

So for the people who are part of the .00006% of people in this state that were issued CC permits in the past year (using my figure of approx. 540 I've gotten from a buddy who is a trooper, going back to 2015) - if someone is a large 2A personality and has that, they should talk about it to get the general public involved in changing it for all.

• Like 1

Can you cite law that says this is legal - the reason why I ask this is because of everything I have read - a pink card holder cannot carry on a licensed business premise

I am just theorizing - but the owners and employees may not actually be pink card holders - some are probably retired or active LEO, but since its all OPEN carry and its on a business premises I am theorizing based on my limited knowledge that if the owner of the establishment allows it of their employees, since it is private property I don't think that there is any special requirement needed to do so by the people who work there -

One of the guys who works at or owns a range in this state could chime in but this is to the best of my knowledge my theory -

He is a 2A public advocate & pod cast personality, if he has a path he should share it.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Sorry, totally disagree.  You have it exactly backwards.  He is a businessman who happens to have taken it upon himself to advance the cause of 2A rights in NJ.  He has done and is doing more than any other single person to advance 2A rights in this state, which should be appreciated.  Have the owners of any other ranges done anywhere near as much?  That's not a knock on them, as they aren't obligated to, but we should at least give credit where credit is due.  The fact that he runs a range and training programs and has a popular podcast in no way obligates him to disclose private aspects of his own life, including his ability to get a permit.  Plus, how would that knowledge help any of us? Do you think he has some secret formula that the rest of us could use if only he discloses it?  If he got his permit through personal connections or influence, good for him.  Why would he want to discuss it and jeapordize that.

Sometimes the lack of appreciation by the armchair warriors on this forum is astounding -- from NJ2AS, to ANJRPC to GFH.  

• Like 5

He is a 2A public advocate & pod cast personality, if he has a path he should share it.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I know LGS dealers / owners here and they can't get one.......I've asked him numerous times and he ducks it. He's not an ex-LEO or anything like that.......

Quote:  "If he got his permit through personal connections or influence, good for him.  Why would he want to discuss it and jeapordize that".

That's the problem here in NJ......he's obviously one of those connected in the corrupt NJ system....IMO.

Still waiting for an answer......I've been a Cert. Firearms Instructor for over 20yrs... I can't get one.

Pod Cast.......better he tells us how to do it / who do you pay.....then the rest of that nonsense.

• Like 3