Darrenf

Good news guys, get your NJ CCW now...

I also suspect he got it because he has connections but have zero knowledge if that is correct. Just process of elimination as there is no other way. But if true that doesnt bother me in the least, just like i am not bothered when people legally game the system through tax loopholes. The system sucks we all agree. But at least he is working to make it better for everyone and not just being satisfied with what he has.

Another good guy...so you suggest he plays the system here in NJ yet promotes his pod cast / speech so he can sell range time and instruction as a business man.....I call bullshit. The laws here need to be straightened out, not comingled to suit someone's personal gain just because he has friends in high places.

• Like 2

...I call bullshit. The laws here need to be straightened out, not comingled to suit someone's personal gain just because he has friends in high places.

There are groups and individuals trying to do jus that. And some here introduce them to the boot, the bus, the gallery.

I'd be more pissed the elected officials have ccw, than a 2a advocate.....

Jus sayen

Another good guy...so you suggest he plays the system here in NJ yet promotes his pod cast / speech so he can sell range time and instruction as a business man.....I call bullshit. The laws here need to be straightened out, not comingled to suit someone's personal gain just because he has friends in high places.

So, completely hypothetically, if you had a brother-in law or good buddy in the NJ legislature or in the county prosecutor's office or  whatever who offered to facilitate your getting a permit by calling your local police chief and putting in a good word with the judge with no quid pro quo, and assuming you were able to confirm with a lawyer that no laws were being broken, you'd say no?  I suspect not.  And if you said yes and got a permit, would you be willing to discuss it in public?  I suspect not.  Totally agree that the laws need to be straightened out, and if the person we are discussing had anything to do with the laws not being straight, I'd agree with you, but that is clearly not the case.  You are expecting someone who already goes above and beyond in supporting the cause to put his own permit and perhaps more at risk by publicizing how he got the permit?  I call bullshit on that.

If you want to criticize someone, look to people like Michael Wildes, the former mayor of Englewood, who has publicly acknowledged he has a permit (and who I've personally seen stroll into the Tenalfy RPC with a glock strapped to his hip), yet has taken every opportunity to oppose concealed carry for everyone else (he gave a public interview to Al Jazeera on this after Sandy Hook).  THAT is hypocrisy and bullshit of the highest order.  A private citizen who happens to have gotten a permit by whatever means and also happens to run a gun related business and to go way above and beyond supporting the 2A in this state is a completely different matter.

• Like 2

There are groups and individuals trying to do jus that. And some here introduce them to the boot, the bus, the gallery.

I'd be more pissed the elected officials have ccw, than a 2a advocate.....

Jus sayen

Exactly.

Wow.

This thread started because a "training professional" publicly said that you CAN get a NJ CCW, just apply.

Having had a little trigger time at GFH and having listened to the podcast for awhile, I don't ever remember Mr. Colandro ever making such a statement. On the contrary, he has used his bully pulpit to present ideas, groups and individuals that fight for our civil rights in this oppressive state. That, for whatever reason or method, he was fortunate enough to secure his right to self protection in this state is nobody's business but his own. To suggest that he is somehow being disingenuous or hypocritical for not discussing it, is beyond covetousness.

We have a strange type of Helsinki syndrome. We have been oppressed, abused and lived under threat for so long that we turn on our own to the the glee of our oppressors.

Let me ask you a sincere and polite question:

"What possible gain could we realize by his discussing these matters?"

Mr. Trump has a concealed carry permit in NYC of all places. Talk about unicorn. Ask him how he got it.

• Like 1

Why should he discuss it?  It's none of anyone's business.  If he has a connection, or hired a good lawyer, or got lucky, good for him.  

I agree. If he wanted us to know he would tell us.  I could care less how he got it.  I was referring to the training they offer if it ever becomes necessary in order to get a CCW in NJ.

.....exactly, obviously he knows how to  play the game when other GS owners and instructors can't.........so tell us, what's the system so we can all exercise our 2A rights.....Yup, I believe someone like that should expose it for what it is.. if he was true in what he believes.

That's the way to change it / expose it here in NJ.....

• Like 4

Being he advertises his business to teach classes he is clearly not afraid for his life, so that leaves having a connection of sorts ......

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Neither you nor I know what his justifiable need was...so stop trying to appear that you do know. The guy has done more for our cause than anyone.

If you think his podcasts are bullshit you should tell him that to his face.

What do you imagine would happen. I'll tell you what is most likely. Anthony would simply say I'm sorry to hear that and then walk away.

Neither you nor I know what his justifiable need was...so stop trying to appear that you do know. The guy has done more for our cause than anyone.

We here all have a justifiable need.....it's called the 2A of our US Constitution. What, the daily safety of my life and family members is less than his or yours......buddy your being Taken...OMO.

If you guys dont support Gun for Hire because the owner has a ccw then that is your perogative.  The intent of my original post was to state that if/when we might be able to get a CCW, and training would most likely be a requirement,  then I would use Gun for Hire because of their expertise on these matters,  not some clown that drums up business by stating 2 of his friends just got carry permits through him.  Trust me.  I am all for shall issue with no requirements.  I also believe that there should be no permit at all.

Never heard a Pod Cast and I don't have too...I believe exploiting ones position just for his personal gain is obviously......fooling us all....especially when one knows Exactly what must occur to secure his Constitutional Rights here in NJ.....again, tell us all so we can exercise our 2nd Amendment Rights as well.......and not side track us in some public forum.....done.

I was using basic logic and process of elimination as any NJ resident with a pulse and any knowledge of how impossible it is to prove justifiable need is here. I never said he hasn't done things for our cause, saying he has done more than anyone is a cheerleader statement to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, gunforhire said:

So I endup on a Pincus thread? Damn.

Getting sidetracked:

Anthony, I can't wait for the range expansion! I was just there the other day and am excited to see construction going on. Also, you're looking good man! You've gotten quite fit since the time I first met you during the Trenton rallies in 2013.

Back to the FB post:

I like seeing some positivity and rallying for a change, but he seems so insincere..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anactivegrenade said:

Getting sidetracked:

Anthony, I can't wait for the range expansion! I was just there the other day and am excited to see construction going on. Also, you're looking good man! You've gotten quite fit since the time I first met you during the Trenton rallies in 2013.

Back to the FB post:

I like seeing some positivity and rallying for a change, but he seems so insincere..

Jesus Christ, wash your face.  There is brown stuff all over your nose.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

That's it............but no comment on CCL ........keep listening to those PC's for the one where he tells us all how to beat the system......don't you feel stupid yet......still waiting !

It is not worth responding to this nonsense, but I'm really trying to understand.  Why do you think he owes you anything?  And do you really imagine that he has some magic answer that he can share that will let the rest of us "beat the system"?  You sound like a whiny, spoiled child.  (And, I'm guessing that, no, he really doesn't feel stupid.)  You are a perfect example of the welfare state mentality.  It's someone else's responsibility to take care of your needs and make it better, right?  You are jealous of what someone else has and, despite that person spending inordinate amounts of time and money working to fix the system, you criticize him because he has what you are unable to obtain,

Let me help you out.  Here is how you can beat the system:  1) Allocate $50,000 or so and hire a real lawyer (not one of the freebies from ANJRPC) to help you navigate the permit process and grease the skids.  Don't have that kind of cash?  Ok, build a successful business or go back to school and get your GED and a college degree. 2) Make some serious political and or business connections, through some combination of large political donations, charity and community work, and sheer force of personality. It might help to have some colorable claim that you meet the justifiable need standard.  Not currently in the cards?  Well, put down the Xbox controller, get out of your parents' basement, and get to work,  3) Get lucky. 

There, simple isn't it?  In the meantime, buy yourself a giant tube if Vagisil and try to relax.

• Like 2

Guy your so wrong..........the system needs an explanation by someone who has already cracked it not smother the 2A community in PC's to promote a business....so I guess you obviously have the magic card also by your explanation of how it's done.....although I'd much rather hear from one who has one but professes not to know .....C'mon, so everyone can exercise their 2A Constitutional Right here in NJ.....what's the real secret...expose it for what it is so we'll all know what's really necessary. Let's walk the walk......together.....while you wipe that Vagisil from your mouth.