Darrenf

Good news guys, get your NJ CCW now...

9 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Guy your so wrong..........the system needs an explanation by someone who has already cracked it not smother the 2A community in PC's to promote a business....so I guess you obviously have the magic card also by your explanation of how it's done.....although I'd much rather hear from one who has one but professes not to know .....C'mon, so everyone can exercise their 2A Constitutional Right here in NJ.....what's the real secret...expose it for what it is so we'll all know what's really necessary. Let's walk the walk......together.....while you wipe that Vagisil from your mouth.

Tasty...

The real question that has to be asked is why doesn't everyone on this board apply? What is the worst that could happen? They say no. I realize that people are afraid of the question on the PP that asks is you were ever denied.  Has this ever affected anyone getting a PP after a denial for a carry permit?  I believe that NJ gun owners would have a much stronger argument that NJ doesn't issue carry permits. The lack of applications/denials on paper indicates that NJ approves a large number of carry permits (due to the fact that those applying are security/retired police officers).  Just saying that the application will be denied and complaining about it will achieve nothing.  I believe that for you guys to move the argument you need to be able to show that NJ does deny the majority of applicants.  According to the numbers this is simply not the fact.

• Like 1

this is not a direct shot at anyone, so no one get your panties in a bunch unnecessarily, but for one reason or another organizing gun owners in this state, be it through this forum or others is like herding cats. i was and am more then willing to stick my neck on the line and do it, but only if im not the only one, and either we all have that symptom, or we sit back and wait to see how the other guy got it. i dont know if its a human issue or an us issue, but every time we go down this path we get to a point and it fizzles before any gain is reached. just my .02

• Like 1

i guess i dont understand whats the downside to being denied?  When you fill out an application for another P2P and you have to answer YES to that question...well duh....no one gets it anyhow, the only reason you didnt get it is becasue your life has no value outside of your home in this state....the chief of poiice that signs off on the purchase already knows that...and another handgun in your possesion isnt going to change that...so I am sure the chief will let you have a gun to clean in your home and take to a range.  We should probably all apply and overwhelm the system.  At the very least it might make the news.

16 minutes ago, ALAN553 said:

i guess i dont understand whats the downside to being denied?  When you fill out an application for another P2P and you have to answer YES to that question...well duh....no one gets it anyhow, the only reason you didnt get it is becasue your life has no value outside of your home in this state....the chief of poiice that signs off on the purchase already knows that...and another handgun in your possesion isnt going to change that...so I am sure the chief will let you have a gun to clean in your home and take to a range.  We should probably all apply and overwhelm the system.  At the very least it might make the news.

Depends on the chief...  Some, if they're "anti" chiefs, may use that "yes" answer to deny, automatically.  

4 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

Depends on the chief...  Some, if they're "anti" chiefs, may use that "yes" answer to deny, automatically.  

you are correct...anything is possible...i guess i couldn't picture that happening in my town, small, police department  pretty connected to the community, historically turns around permits in less than two week., but thats just my perception...Thanks

the question where you have to say you were denied dosnt say denied for carry permit, it says denied for permit iirc, which means marking it is the same as being denied for a pistol permit or whatever, which scares the ever loving dookie out of everyone with good reason, thats probably why its there 

(27) Have you ever had a firearms purchaser identification card, permit to purchase a handgun, permit to carry a handgun or any other firearms license or application refused or revoked in New Jersey or any other state? If yes, explain.

Well at least you are given the opportunity to "explain"  lol

• Like 1

These are the kinds of questions that can be answered / addressed by someone who has already been successful at the task and through the process. Seems to me there's something wrong if someone who says they are in favor of CCL here in NJ, has a business that promotes firearms and training, PC's.. yet can't bring himself to fill us in , the NJ 2A community on the answers.....I don't get it.....what's the problem if it's being done legally ?

Help us out.........will ya !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

These are the kinds of questions that can be answered / addressed by someone who has already been successful at the task and through the process. Seems to me there's something wrong if someone who says they are in favor of CCL here in NJ, has a business that promotes firearms and training, PC's.. yet can't bring himself to fill us in , the NJ 2A community on the answers.....I don't get it.....what's the problem if it's being done legally ?

Help us out.........will ya !

You do know that if he could help us out with that he already would have....right?

This is interesting. I asked a simple, courteous straightforward question. Yet you failed to answer. We all know how this oppressive state works. It's not fair or equitable and it is arbitrary in the extreme. If that isn't obvious then you don't live here. 

I know for a fact there are a couple of NJ concealed carry permit holders that aren't LEOs, or ever were, on this very forum. Notice they won't be baited into your meaningless arguement either. 

Not that I would ever speak for any of them, but I believe I can tell you what you can try to do to secure the Golden Fleece. 

First, dedicate yourself to the 2nd amendment cause beyond demanding on a free forum that "the time is now!" A good start would probably be coughing up the 30 bucks to become a premier member to help fund your soapbox to get people to take you seriously.

Second, dontate time, money and ideas to law enforcement, local, county and state to help them understand the reality of New Jersey 2nd amendment advocates and gun owners. 

Third, after a decade of showing up to meetings, donating 100's of thousands of dollars to ALL the organizations that support your cause in this state, testify during public comment hearing on new laws, get your ass on national Fox News programs to advocate for our causes and commit to being a booster for law enforcement when they are being targeted FOR MURDER by funding vest replacement programs for police forces and actually buying new glocks for an entire police department. After a decade of tha above type of bonafides you may cross paths with powerful politicians, LE chiefs and judges.

Forth, after cultivating these relationships for another decade, you may end up discussing current 2nd amendment issues in NJ with one of the above. Amazingly  one of the powerholders offers to sponsor your application and they use their influence to walk the application through the draconian process and that influence gets you the card...

Only to be critized by some that have no stake, commitment or impetus to do anything but cast aspersions from a keyboard on a forum they they don't have the wherewithal to become a paying member of.

I don't know you, but I know several NJ CCW permit holders, their stories are dramatized above. It's similar to PBA cards. I venture to say that many on here have a wallet full. Some of us have family member badges that get you out of almost any issue roadside. What's the difference? These "get out of jail free" cards are a uniquely NY/NJ thing.  

So there you have it.  It's who you know. If that comes as a surprise to you, no amount of explaination will get through the wall you have built. The key is what you have to do to get to know those you need to know.  

I would humbly suggest becoming a supporting member of all the NJ based pro-2a organization. Give Alexander Roubian a call at NJ2AS. Or Scott Bach at ANJRPC. They have vastly different approaches, which goes to show that there is room in our tent for everyone.  So go ahead, get involved, cough up some tangible commitment to the cause and stop pissing in the tent and start pointing your piss at those that aren't standing up for your cause and hate your freedoms.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Walt of Destiny said:

Third, after a decade of showing up to meetings, donating 100's of thousands of dollars to ALL the organizations that support your cause in this state, testify during public comment hearing on new laws, get your ass on national Fox News programs to advocate for our causes and commit to being a booster for law enforcement when they are being targeted FOR MURDER by funding vest replacement programs for police forces and actually buying new Glocks for an entire police department.

They were Sigs, not Glocks.  -lol.   -I also agree with your statements.

• Like 1

Quote: "I don't know you, but I know several NJ CCW permit holders, their stories are dramatized above. It's similar to PBA cards. I venture to say that many on here have a wallet full. Some of us have family member badges that get you out of almost any issue roadside. What's the difference? These "get out of jail free" cards are a uniquely NY/NJ thing".  

Correct, you don't know me or what I've done in support of the 2A Community over the years.....thanks Walt of Disney for your critique and suggestions......fantasy at best.

So, if I donate some vests, guns, go to your meetings, spend some money and share my ideas with LE, They'll issue me a card....that's what your suggesting here ? That will get me my 2A Constitutional Rights here in NJ....really.....don't you feel just a little stupid yet ?

• Like 1

I see both sides of the argument - Walt of Destiny thank you for confirming what we basically already know - Unfortunately citizens in free states are able to exercise their right to carry without hundreds of thousands of dollars invested, and decades of time before humbling upon an NJ powerbroker who will grease the wheel of a judge so to speak -

I respect everyone who has done this 'process' who is not LEO to obtain their rights back, but this is precisely why I am on my way the fuck out of here - because if this is the accepted norm, and politically the climate or electorate is not changing (National Reciprocity?  our legislature will have a LOL-fest, Crackhead Ryan and Cluck-U-Chicken McConnell can't even defund sanctuary cities who the fuck are they kidding) and we are stuck with same government that oppresses the freedoms of its citizens, its not something I'd want to donate years of my life and my future childrens college funds to get - especially when we are headed towards our own bastardized version of NY's unSAFE act next year if we are unlucky with the wrong Cory Booker sponsored gubernatorial candidate, and if we are really lucky, maybe we'll get another Christie (because we all see how reliable the GOP is in Washington) - after all that work, time, money, and dedication, it would really burn my ass to be restricted to 10 rounds for defense.

And yet more states are going constitutional carry every year.  NJ is moving backwards not forwards.  I will make my farewell donation to Roubian's group as many of you know I am moving to NC, I'd rather continue to keep that state's rights active (as more move from liberal NY areas down there each year) instead of burying 10k plus in property taxes to wait for NJ to change, which as far as I know has been the better part of the last 3-4 decades or more.

A good citizen can't even go purchase a pistol in this state without a 3 week process on the low end of obtaining a permission slip from Trenton (even more time if you use an SP barracks) and don't forget that Trenton gets another $15 back in their pocket for every purchase, so they are making money off of what little is left of gun rights in this state, which pisses me off even more.

OK I'm done with my rant. 

• Like 1

Quote: "Unfortunately citizens in free states are able to exercise their right to carry without hundreds of thousands of dollars invested, and decades of time before humbling upon an NJ powerbroker who will grease the wheel of a judge so to speak -"

There's a word for this.....

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Quote: "I don't know you, but I know several NJ CCW permit holders, their stories are dramatized above. It's similar to PBA cards. I venture to say that many on here have a wallet full. Some of us have family member badges that get you out of almost any issue roadside. What's the difference? These "get out of jail free" cards are a uniquely NY/NJ thing".  

Correct, you don't know me or what I've done in support of the 2A Community over the years.....thanks Walt of Disney for your critique and suggestions......fantasy at best.

So, if I donate some vests, guns, go to your meetings, spend some money and share my ideas with LE, They'll issue me a card....that's what your suggesting here ? That will get me my 2A Constitutional Rights here in NJ....really.....don't you feel just a little stupid yet ?

Actually, I don't. Since I admitted I don't know you, you should also admit that you don't know me. Nor my intelligence. But since I try to show a modicum of respect to those I disagree with by putting effort into the debate through carefully thought out arguement, your response denigrates the debate by devolving into ad hominem attacks. As far as I know, you are the kingpin of 2a advocacy in NJ. However your lack of contributing to this very site speaks volumes, at least to me. I will stipulate that our natural, constitutional  and civil rights should not be granted or withheld on a whim. Unfortunately that is the environment we currently have in this state. That environment has been created by those talk a lot but do very little. There are over a million gun owners in this state. Do you think that if we stopped disagreeing on esoteric fringe issues and unified on the text of the 2nd amendment and we could finally displace the entrenched politicians that are hell bent on our oppression? Do you think if the "I only hunt" crowd stopped hating black rifles and their proponents and joined the fight for our civil rights, we would get the attention of those that dismiss us? Do you think that if instead of lambasting a pro 2a business owner that is apparently "connected" enough to have a ccw permit  you attacked the hypocrites that are connected enough to have a CCW permit yet pass laws that prohibit us from getting them? Your efforts could be way more fruitful following a different line of advocacy. The fact that some have it is not a cause to add to the division among us. The progressives love that that they can cleve us apart with the simplest bait. 

We can agree to disagree  but I do recommend that you consider a cogent argument other than "you're stupid".

You have a legitimate gripe, our civil rights are being actively denied us. Your efforts are misapplied here amongst people that agree with you. Worse, picking a fight and debasing publically a leading 2a advocate  only further our opponent's objectives.  

• Like 2

Your wrong.......not just lambasting a business owner ...No, I'm for those fellas that are pro 2A and that have their CCL to grow a pair and use a forum like this to come forward and expose the methods and procedures necessary to actually realize our 2A Constitutional Rights here in NJ...posting anonymous is OK...what exactly does it take......expose it for what it is..... that's the only way it will change for us all, IMO......what annoys me is a fella that has played and knows the system, has the card but BS's the NJ 2 A Community and calls it a Pod C to obviously promote financial gain but refuses to right the situation......we're not idiots, we're honest people..

• Like 1

I am gonna be short because i do not take kindly to all the fuckin trash talk. Meet me face to face and we can discuss all your problems with me.

IT IS CALLED BEING A PARTNER OF A SECURITY COMPANY SINCE 1992 AND WORKING IN THAT CAPACITY AND CARRYING! THERE FUCKIN HAPPY.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND OR CONTACT ME, I AM DELETING MYSELF FROM THIS THREAD.

AND WE WONDER WHY WE WILL NEVER HAVE CARRY IN NJ. THIS SHIT TALK MAKES ME QUESTION WHY I DO WHAT I DO FOR YOU UNGRATEFUL FUCKS.

HAVE A NICE DAY

ANTHONY

• Like 3