Sign in to follow this  
Moose11872

Laws concerning air rifles in N.J.

A friend of mine from P.A. has a Gamo Bone Collector .177 scoped air rifle that I am interested in buying. The only problem is is that it has a built in supressor. Is this gun legal to own in N.J.? What are the laws (if any) concerning supressors and airguns? I was also interested in a few air rifles/pistols I have seen online. Can they be shipped directly to me or do they have to be shipped to an ffl? Thanks in advance!

Not legal to own in NJ. As ridiculous as it may seem, and even though it has no Federal standing, the NJSP consider this the same as a NFA suppressed weapon.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

For the second part of your question

no, they cant be shipped directly to you, they are considered firearms in PRNJ

This is ridiculous! So compressed air is now considered fire? Is my nail "gun" illegal also?

This is ridiculous! So compressed air is now considered fire? Is my nail "gun" illegal also?

It has been for a few years, as has the soft pellet guns.  Spring action with rubber pellets.  Also, try going outside with a toy gun without the color orange on the barrel. It's friggin' nuts.  

It has been for a few years, as has the soft pellet guns.  Spring action with rubber pellets.  Also, try going outside with a toy gun without the color orange on the barrel. It's friggin' nuts.  

I think the color orange on toy guns is a good idea and should be enforced. LEO's have to make split second decisions and trying figure out if a gun is a toy should not be one of them. However, I do agree the airgun laws are crazy here.

I think the color orange on toy guns is a good idea and should be enforced. LEO's have to make split second decisions and trying figure out if a gun is a toy should not be one of them. However, I do agree the airgun laws are crazy here.

And no bad guy would ever paint the end of his pistol orange.

• Like 3

I was in cabelas in Delaware looking for a .22 air rifle. Unfortunately they can not sell them at that Delaware store because they are illegal for some reason!

So you went to DE Cabelas, went to get a .22 air rifle rather than .177, and they carded you, saw NJ resident and declined sale?

Any air rifle larger then .177 is illegal in Delaware. Even possessing ammo for one is a misdemeanor.

Really?   Are they trying to out-stupid NJ or something?

• Like 1

I have a .22 piston single shot air rifle. Why, I am not sure.

When I was shopping for one I read somewhere that it's impossible to tell in the field if the gun is actively suppressed or just quiet. Unless the warden has a real hardon that day for illegally quiet air guns I can't see you having any trouble. Then again we're all pussies aren't we?