The brew guy

New range in Union?

What Walt of Destiny said, basically

Thanks for the feedback.  Not trying to cause a debate here, but it is not like I am giving our politicians or anti's any new ideas.  I was referencing an existing law(unreasonable deviation) that has already been in place for a long time(decades?). I thought it proper to post what I did for the benefit of newer shooters/members of this community that may not be as informed of the nuances of NJ gun law as many of us are.

Thanks for the feedback. Not trying to cause a debate here, but it is not like I am giving our politicians or anti's any new ideas. I was referencing an existing law(unreasonable deviation) that has already been in place for a long time(decades?). I thought it proper to post what I did for the benefit of newer shooters/members of this community that may not be as informed of the nuances of NJ gun law as many of us are.

I would have done it in a PM, if at all. The laws are confusing enough, no need to tell someone else about them.

My wife brought this up again, looks like the thread she saw is still active. The location is given as "behind Harbor Freight, in the old pet store" (Petsmart). She read me an excerpt, something about it being "a done deal, not just a rumor anymore." As much as I'd like it to be true, I had to point out to her that there's still no way to confirm it, so it's just a rumor that it's not a rumor anymore.

• Like 1

I graduated high school, Union 1972. Guess who also graduated there? I will give you a clue, first name Phil, OK come-on, next hint A,        M,         A,    R,   O! I wonder if he is involved?

I graduated high school, Union 1972. Guess who also graduated there? I will give you a clue, first name Phil, OK come-on, next hint A,        M,         A,    R,   O! I wonder if he is involved?

So did i but I have nothing to do with it.... it's with planning board. We shall see once it gets to further.

• Like 1

I live right off Route 22E in Springfield. I've seen lots of construction next to the Costco however, I haven't seen or heard anything about a shooting range. I'll drive by tomorrow and see if I see any signs. If I see anything definitive I'll post it tomorrow. 

On 7/17/2017 at 7:30 AM, dimitrge said:

You won't see any construction yet it's still going for approvals. It's going next to harbor freight we're petsmart was

That makes a lot of sense because I saw nothing new there. I used to get dog food at that location. Its a pretty big facility. 

6 minutes ago, falcone said:

Went to the Harbor Freight in Union yesterday and walked next door to see what’s goin on and nothing has changed. Doesn’t look like they’ll be done for summer. 

Most likely waiting for permits, etc.  That crap takes a while.

10 hours ago, mossburger said:

Wow this guy is a real piece of work. Look at this post of his I dug up, from back in 1944....

Mossburger, 

I just saw the notification that you quoted me. Please let me know where you found that. I do not recall ever posting it nor did I do so in the Union Range thread.

Furthermore, I do not understand your comment.  I assume “this guy” is a reference to me. I do not know why.

thank you

It's a joke. Sorry. I'm just saying, sometimes the law is the law, but it's still just wrong. I never, ever advocate breaking the law. But if the state wants to imprisonment people for no good reason, let them be the ones to catch people. I'm not helping them. Also, jury nullification is a real thing.

On 2/27/2018 at 11:10 PM, bigbear said:

I was told RTSP is opening a new location in Union on 22 where old PetSmart was (ETA June 2018). Source: RTSP staff

My only issue is Route 22 sucks.  It is a dangerous road with lots of accidents and traffic.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

My only issue is Route 22 sucks.  It is a dangerous road with lots of accidents and traffic.  

Agreed, too many idiots trying to change 3 lanes at once rather than just going to the next U-turn. But still, nice to have a range closer to home. 

28 minutes ago, bigbear said:

Agreed, too many idiots trying to change 3 lanes at once rather than just going to the next U-turn. But still, nice to have a range closer to home. 

Long Shot in Seacacus just makes more sense.  But nothing wrong with adding more places to bust caps.

Long Shot in Seacacus just makes more sense.  But nothing wrong with adding more places to bust caps.
Take the parkway to exit 138 (Kenilworth), head west on the Boulevard and make a right onto 14th street to avoid 22. It'll drop you right next to it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

the scariest part of driving 22 is around Union where there's shops in the middle of the road, you're in the left lane doing 55-60 and then out of nowhere someone slows down to pull in to one of the stores in the median. Funny thing is about 4 years ago RTSP made a post on facebook blasting Union County Police and how they'd never sell them a firearm. I guess opening in Union has been a long work in progress and they must of done some good ass kissing.

from a facebook post they made in 2014:

UNION county goes full idiot on combating criminal violence!! Guess we won't be submitting an RFP to sell firearms to any agency in Union County...and happily tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine!!

Let's see the brilliance that is Union County:

According to Hudak, Union County will ask potential gun sellers a series of questions, including:

• What do you do as a vendor to combat illegal gun trafficking and illegal gun crime?

ANSWER - WE ONLY SELL FIREARMS TO LICENSED GUN OWNERS WHO PASS MULTIPLE BACKGROUND CHECKS...AS FOR COMBATING TRAFFICKING & CRIME...NOT A DAMN THING. THAT'S YOUR JOB AS UNION COUNTY LAW ENFORCEMENT. ARE CAR MANUFACTURERS & CAR DEALERSHIPS RESPONSIBLE FOR COMBATING DRUNK DRIVERS?

• Do you sell assault weapons for civilian use?

WHAT IS AN ASSAULT WEAPON? IS A KNIFE AN ASSAULT WEAPON? BASEBALL BATS KILLED MORE PEOPLE LAST YEAR THAN GUNS, ARE BATS ASSAULT WEAPONS?

• Do you agree to not sell certain models of firearms for civilian use?

MANUFACTURERS AND DEALERS ONLY SELL FIREARMS THAT ARE LEGAL BY NJ LAW..SO WHAT MODELS ARE YOU REFERRING TO MR. HUDAK? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT GUNS ARE CURRENTLY BANNED IN NJ? I DOUBT THAT.

WHAT WILL ANY OF THIS DO TO COMBAT CRIMINAL VIOLENCE IN NJ....NOT A DAMN THING!

BUT I DO IMPLORE EVERY MANUFACTURER AND DEALER TO REFUSE TO SELL FIREARMS TO ANY AGENCY IN UNION COUNTY. GOOD LUCK POLICING YOUR COUNTY WITHOUT FIREARMS.