The brew guy

New range in Union?

16 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Long Shot in Seacacus just makes more sense.  But nothing wrong with adding more places to bust caps.

+1 on longshot. I work around the corner from there and shot there twice after work. Owner is really cool, all the range personnel are really cool. Both times I've been it's been pretty empty and they let me shoot for well over the hour I paid for. I imagine as word gets out that they are there, that will change but in the meantime, it's a good place to shoot for the money.

On 3/11/2018 at 8:01 AM, JR88USMC said:

the scariest part of driving 22 is around Union where there's shops in the middle of the road, you're in the left lane doing 55-60 and then out of nowhere someone slows down to pull in to one of the stores in the median. Funny thing is about 4 years ago RTSP made a post on facebook blasting Union County Police and how they'd never sell them a firearm. I guess opening in Union has been a long work in progress and they must of done some good ass kissing.

from a facebook post they made in 2014:

That was a repost from an article, not a statement by RTSP or its ownership.  It was posted for information only.

14 minutes ago, RTSP1 said:

A matter of fact, that is one of the my ignorant statements I have heard on this forum!!!! I was a cop for over 20 years and at no time would any of my staff or partners ever disparage ANY police department.  SOOOOOO, before you start spreading false information, check your facts!!!

Whatever you posted there was not an RTSP post.  Not sure where you got that.  

With all due respect, he was not wrong, it's on your facebook page

union.jpg

4 minutes ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

With all due respect, he was not wrong, it's on your facebook page

union.jpg

NO, I do see it, but we did not write it.  We reposted it. Didn't mean to sound so harsh.....just that this has been a long road and there is no reason to start muddying the water with crap from 4 years ago that has nothing to do with RTSP as the authors.

10 minutes ago, RTSP1 said:

NO, I do see it, but we did not write it.  We reposted it.

Ah, gotchia.  I think perhaps JR88UMC may have been misled by the repost since the repost did not cite any other source but the nj.com article.  The NJ.com article did not contain the content about not sending RFPs or whatever to union county and the nj.com article didn't have the full-idiot commentary either, so it was assumed to be from RTSP.

Well obviously, but the content of the article is still not authored by RTSP and still does hold legitimate nonsense as it relates to vetting firearms dealers. The scope of the letter, as in most liberal articles in the NJ.COM realm, is still ridiculous.  We as responsible gun owners get that part, it is the "kiss ass" statement that is unwarranted and childish at best.  

I worked at the flagship furniture in 1970. Union drive-in was still open. RT. 22 was a drag strip when the trains came across it would close 22. It was a closed rd. drag strip! Wasn't always a deathtrap!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RTSP1 said:

NO, I do see it, but we did not write it.  We reposted it. Didn't mean to sound so harsh.....just that this has been a long road and there is no reason to start muddying the water with crap from 4 years ago that has nothing to do with RTSP as the authors.

I can't see this part in the article ;) actually, I see none of what you guys posted on facebook as a direct cite from the article.

UNION county goes full idiot on combating criminal violence!! Guess we won't be submitting an RFP to sell firearms to any agency in Union County...and happily tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine!!

Let's see the brilliance that is Union County

BUT I DO IMPLORE EVERY MANUFACTURER AND DEALER TO REFUSE TO SELL FIREARMS TO ANY AGENCY IN UNION COUNTY. GOOD LUCK POLICING YOUR COUNTY WITHOUT FIREARMS.

Pete you and I have talked a few times and you're a great guy, but either own up to what your business said or take down the post from your facebook. i don't have that bookmarked for reference, when you google "RTSP Union NJ" it's one of the first results that comes up on google. If you don't want to muddy the waters in Union, thats on you guys for leaving that post up for anyone to find with a quick google search. I actually didn't even find that on my own, my girlfriend is a police officer in Union County area, she's the one who told me about it and what the chatter around the Union County Police Departments. If you don't want "crap from 4 years ago brought up" then remove it from your page so when people google "RTSP Union" it doesn't come up! You're opening a shooting range in a very liberal county where gun owners are an extreme minority other than cops. I'm not a genius, just a washed up Jarhead that likes shooting, but I know enough to get rid of any skeletons in my closet :D

Of course you could always just own up to it and be known for being the tough guy with a loud mouth. it's not frowned upon in the gun community [emoji6]

2 hours ago, JR88USMC said:

Pete you and I have talked a few times and you're a great guy, but either own up to what your business said or take down the post from your facebook. i don't have that bookmarked for reference, when you google "RTSP Union NJ" it's one of the first results that comes up on google. If you don't want to muddy the waters in Union, thats on you guys for leaving that post up for anyone to find with a quick google search. I actually didn't even find that on my own, my girlfriend is a police officer in Union County area, she's the one who told me about it and what the chatter around the Union County Police Departments. If you don't want "crap from 4 years ago brought up" then remove it from your page so when people google "RTSP Union" it doesn't come up! You're opening a shooting range in a very liberal county where gun owners are an extreme minority other than cops. I'm not a genius, just a washed up Jarhead that likes shooting, but I know enough to get rid of any skeletons in my closet :D

Of course you could always just own up to it and be known for being the tough guy with a loud mouth. it's not frowned upon in the gun community emoji6.png

Yeah, damn JARHEADS! I found it as well after talking with one of my partners.  Not really sure what his motivation was, didn't get into it.  He is the "political" wing of the company, I am just a dumb "Ranger/ex-cop".  The article is just stupid and we were not even looking in Union at the time, but the gist from what I read is that he was going more at the legislative side not the cops themselves.  Hell, he is a part time cop as well! Anyway, I am advising my marketing department to leave it up.  We have never taken down a post, to the best of my knowledge, and why start now.  

I own up to the fact that I was wrong and failed to look into the matter prior to my knee jerk reaction.  We at RTSP are very committed to all LEO and civilians alike and know that the Union location will be a great addition to a large growing family of gun ranges in New Jersey.

Thanks JR88USMC for pointing this all out. "Rangers Lead the Way"

• Like 1

I, for one, am counting down the days until this new location finally opens. I live 5 minutes away and have been making the trek up to the Randolph location for a few years now (I have a locker there). This will be a welcome addition to this area. I plan on spending quite a bit of time and money there which I cannot do at Randolph because of the distance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, RTSP1 said:

Yeah, damn JARHEADS! I found it as well after talking with one of my partners.  Not really sure what his motivation was, didn't get into it.  He is the "political" wing of the company, I am just a dumb "Ranger/ex-cop".  The article is just stupid and we were not even looking in Union at the time, but the gist from what I read is that he was going more at the legislative side not the cops themselves.  Hell, he is a part time cop as well! Anyway, I am advising my marketing department to leave it up.  We have never taken down a post, to the best of my knowledge, and why start now.  

I own up to the fact that I was wrong and failed to look into the matter prior to my knee jerk reaction.  We at RTSP are very committed to all LEO and civilians alike and know that the Union location will be a great addition to a large growing family of gun ranges in New Jersey.

Thanks JR88USMC for pointing this all out. "Rangers Lead the Way"

That I can get down with. You guys should be more active on the forum :) I'll pass this along to my girlfriend to let all the union cops know

• Like 1