Sign in to follow this  
EX Carnival man

Another Supreme Court Justice? This could be good.

Ginsburg will die in the chair, she hates Trump too much to retire.  Breyer maybe, my vote is Kennedy.  He's a swing vote so we will gain a little.  If we fail to hold or gain in the Senate mid-terms, all bets are off on any further movement to the right.

• Like 1

Well, Kennedy, Notrious RBG and Breyer are the oldest serving justices.  I would hope it would be either RBG or Breyer, but I fear it will be Kennedy.   I'd wonder how Grassley could know about the others... And while Kennedy retiring might help remove the "swing" nature of the vote, I fear that will then fall to Roberts, so I wonder if we really gain anything.  I also think RBG is feisty enough to stick it out. It's going to have to be Breyer... hopefully.

• Like 1

Replacing Kennedy with a 50 year old conservative would not be a bad thing either.

True, but we need a little more.  We need one of the liberals to go as well. Remember, Roberts can be a little flaky when he wants to be....

You can't go just by their ages either. Unexpected stuff happens in life. Don't forget, even the relatively young Roberts has had 2 unexplained seizures, raising a red flag about his longevity right there. And I'm guessing most (or all?) of the Supremes lead busy lives with substantial travel... arguably increasing their chances of devastating or even fatal accident. Any one of them could be diagnosed with a serious illness, etc. 

It's impossible to say what will happen to the balance on the court going forward. By all means, be hopeful...just don't count your chickens before they hatch!

You guys are assuming the Trump who nominates the next Supreme is the Trump we voted for.

Trump is definitely still a gamble but I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic.   Imagine if Hillary was president and there were several SCOTUS appointments during her term.

• Like 1

RBG planned on going out with Hillary putting in her replacement. She has fallen asleep on the bench, literally. I'm not sure she can bang out 3 more years.

This can get very interesting if she starts losing her facultys. I dont think there is a process in place to force out a supreme who doesnt step down who is not healthy enough to reasonably perform. And then there's first the arguement on reasonably performing. Who makes the call if a judge is in the sickbed more than her seat? who decides that the judge is making truly irrational and bad decisions?

This can get very interesting if she starts losing her facultys. I dont think there is a process in place to force out a supreme who doesnt step down who is not healthy enough to reasonably perform. And then there's first the arguement on reasonably performing. Who makes the call if a judge is in the sickbed more than her seat? who decides that the judge is making truly irrational and bad decisions?

We do, with the POTUS backing

I'd be very cautious about this approach. I have had several relatives who never lost their mental faculties, even in their 80's & 90's until, maybe, 2 months before they died. It comes quickly and kills quickly.  I see RBG fighting until the bitter end... as long as she's physically capable.

I'd be very cautious about this approach. I have had several relatives who never lost their mental faculties, even in their 80's & 90's until, maybe, 2 months before they died. It comes quickly and kills quickly. I see RBG fighting until the bitter end... as long as she's physically capable.

If she is getting any pressure, it's from the DNC, telling her to take her vitamins.

It's not likely she would go of her own accord. The players all know the stakes are high.

If she is getting any pressure, it's from the DNC, telling her to take her vitamins.

It's not likely she would go of her own accord. The players all know the stakes are high.

Yeah but the DNC knows the POTUS will probably have one more pick for the Supreme Court. The two lesbo's are young and relatively healthy, so sacrificing the crypt keeper would be their best play.

No, sacrificing anything is a bad play on there part.

This isn't chess.

And technically the majority exists currently for the conservative side. If I where the DNC chair I would wear a diaper and find god and pray. Her sudden death would result in a super majority.

ATP ( air transport pilots) have a mandatory retirement age.

They do? News to me. I've held an ATP since 2004. Not aware of any mandatory retirement age. Where you getting your info?

There is a mandatory for airline pilots if that's what you meant, but many pilots have their ATP and it doesn't have a mandatory retirement age.

They do? News to me. I've held an ATP SINCE 2004. Not aware of any mandatory retirement age. Where you getting your info?

There is a mandatory for airline pilots if that's what you meant, but many pilots have their ATP and it doesn't have a mandatory retirement age.

It is completely obvious that is what he meant. Damn, man, I'm as pedantic as they come but you take it to a new level.

How do you know someone is a pilot? He'll tell you.

• Like 1

It is completely obvious that is what he meant. Damn, man, I'm as pedantic as they come but you take it to a new level.

How do you know someone is a pilot? He'll tell you.

Oh well. We all make mistakes. Maybe he didn't say what he meant or maybe he was misinformed about what an ATP is. I don't know. Maybe he knew something I didn't which is why I asked him where he got it. I haven't flown in the 2 years since moving to FL. The FAA makes changes to the regulations all the time.