njplinker

Driveway Paving

I need to replace my driveway and want to install some Belgian block borders and possibly in the apron. Anyone have any recommendations in the union county area that they have had positive experiences with?

Seems like a basic job, but if anyone has specific suggestions on things to ensure the contractor is doing (like type/depth of base and thickness of asphalt, etc) would appreciate the input.

Thanks in advance.

I need to replace my driveway and want to install some Belgian block borders and possibly in the apron. Anyone have any recommendations in the union county area that they have had positive experiences with?

Seems like a basic job, but if anyone has specific suggestions on things to ensure the contractor is doing (like type/depth of base and thickness of asphalt, etc) would appreciate the input.

Thanks in advance.

Keep your own eyes on the job. Years ago I kicked a paver off the job for skimping bigtime on the stone base, if I wasnt there .......

I liked your idea of replacing your driveway and installing some Belgian block borders. Sometimes, an asphalt driveway often looks a little rough around the edges, but, adding of Belgian block stones to each side will boost up your curb appeal and it will provide a clear visual look. Last month my neighbor had hired the Asphalt paving Suffolk County contractors and replaced their driveway by installing Belgian block stones. If you want, you can contact them or you can also go through with some online sites to search for a professional driveway paving supplier.

Good Luck!

photo34.png

3 hours ago, GramGun79 said:

Lou Porchetta paving. Ask for mike and tell him anthony from A&G referred you. 908-561-1210 does a lot of work in central jersey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a lot of Porchetta's in the area!  The guys that did my driveway are Nick Porchetta Contracting.

https://cisleads.com/company/details/9907

49 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

There's a lot of Porchetta's in the area!  The guys that did my driveway are Nick Porchetta Contracting.

https://cisleads.com/company/details/9907

Same family. Nick is the cousin of Lou. Nick is a good guy also... How did it turn out?

1 hour ago, GramGun79 said:

Same family. Nick is the cousin of Lou. Nick is a good guy also... How did it turn out?

Awesome.  They did a great job with the crushed concrete stone underneath then the paving is done right.  I have a huge driveway with enough room to back up and turn around in.

Nick is definitely a great guy - He did the excavating, etc on the new house

• Like 1