Sign in to follow this  
ironbeard

New dilemma

I have one handgun permit left. And i was so sure on the release of the P320 x-five. Well those sons of bitches at the store put a 226 legion sao in my hands. I want both now. But one has to wait. Should i get the legion now? Are they readily available? Or do I at least wait until the x-five is in my hands.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wait for the x-five, you'll thank me later.

From the Personal Defense World website:

The new Sig P320 X-Series keeps the P320’s modular design, but it’s enhanced with an X grip module that features an extended beavertail, four-sided beveled magazine well and a crisp trigger guard undercut. According to the Sig, it also features an enhanced flat trigger; better slide serrations and three lightening cuts on top of the slide.

There are three pistols in this series: the X-Five, X-Carry and X-VTAC.

The X-Five is chambered in 9mm and .40 S&W and comes with a five-inch bull barrel; an extended slide catch lever; Dawson adjustable rear sight plate and a fiber optic front sight. It’s compatible with Sig’s ROMEO1 optic.

I have three Glocks all 9mm. Wanted to maintain magazine and parts interchangeability. However, when I bought the third of the three, was very seriously considering the P320. Feels and shoots like my Glock. The P320 is at the top of my list for my next handgun. The big benefit for me with the P320 is the modularity and ability to swap grips and calibers without requiring a P2P.

I was not aware of the new X models. Thanks.

Wait for the x-five, you'll thank me later.

From the Personal Defense World website:

The new Sig P320 X-Series keeps the P320’s modular design, but it’s enhanced with an X grip module that features an extended beavertail, four-sided beveled magazine well and a crisp trigger guard undercut. According to the Sig, it also features an enhanced flat trigger; better slide serrations and three lightening cuts on top of the slide.

There are three pistols in this series: the X-Five, X-Carry and X-VTAC.

The X-Five is chambered in 9mm and .40 S&W and comes with a five-inch bull barrel; an extended slide catch lever; Dawson adjustable rear sight plate and a fiber optic front sight. It’s compatible with Sig’s ROMEO1 optic.

Oh trust me I've watched just about every video on YouTube considering these bad boys but the trigger on the sao is insane.

No way I'd spend my money on a Legion. Don't get me wrong, I love Sigs, and the legion has a great feature set, but PVD is a delicate finish that's not at all suitable for a firearm. Not even close.

Is it just a finish thing because that reset and trigger is insane

No way I'd spend my money on a Legion. Don't get me wrong, I love Sigs, and the legion has a great feature set, but PVD is a delicate finish that's not at all suitable for a firearm. Not even close.

What are you talking about? There are lots of different pvd coatings. Ion bond is one. I have a gun done in it that is over seven years old, lots of dry fire, lots of matches, lots of dump buckets, at least 40k rounds on it, not remotely babied and it is just starting to show holster wear.

It's tough. What it isn't is particularly corrosion resistant.

Saying pvd is delicate is like saying chrome is delicate. Hard chrome isnt, but there's a reason you don't see black chrome on anything that gets handled a lot.