EX Carnival man

This doesn't sound like good news. Gun rights stalled for the year?

So two wrongs make a right? You can't say you support state rights and then turnaround and say but not when I don't wanna cause the other side were poopy heads.

The court actually kinda did it right. It decided that the states don't get to chose who you stick it into and who you can enter in legal contracts with. Now, you can disagree on religious, ethical, whatever grounds but from a legal stand point that is EXACTLY how you want to approach gun rights because the path is already clear, not by legislation that can be contested but by having SCOTUS saying it is a constitutional right that states can't infringe.

I agree with this.

The states agreed to ratify the constitution.

The constitution trumps states rights.

I'm a resident of NJ. I'm an American Citizen.

The court got it wrong with" states can imply firearms restrictions " as not an undue burden "

" we the people " applies to American Citizens.

• Like 1

The states agreed to ratify the constitution.

The constitution trumps states rights.

I'm a resident of NJ. I'm an American Citizen.

The court got it wrong with" states can imply firearms restrictions " as not an undue burden "

" we the people " applies to American Citizens.

That was Vlads point. Both individual and State rights are in the Constitution. You can't infringe on one to even because of another. That's where we believe the court was wrong. They said that a state's right could infringe (limit 2a for the purpose of public safety). That's also the argument all this anti-gun stuff originates with. But the flip side is true too. We shouldn't try to fix the court's mistake by infringing on a state's right.

There can be two sides to a slippery slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be the only one against term limits because I feel it's another government created "decision making" proposition instead of an educated populace deciding what's best for the country. I tend to be a realist and lean toward pessimism when it comes to government and I feel that we've crossed the threshold where you can't legislate "common sense, truth and morality"---it simply does no good other than grant government more power. I don't blame the system I blame the idiots or citizens too stupid to have an interest [enough] to research truth and history instead of simply voting for free crap. Our Constitution has not changed, but the populace has---the "history changers" have done their job over a compliant, stupid populace. Term limits won't do any good but an educated populace will!

I'm a realist too. But the so called populous has proven that it cannot make proper decisions. Leaving politicians sit too long is not a good thing and has been proven time and time again. There is no chance in hell that the populous will un-fook this country. The only thing they did do right and I believe it may be the last time they do, was voting Trump in. We can only hope he is the guy that will give this country back to us and even if he does, we still got mega idiots trying to destroy us from within.

Only thing that may set things right is a war among ourselves. With the left pulling the shit they are, someone is going to fire the new round heard blah blah blah. We need a big fly swatter. Pray Trump has a plan to stop this bullshit anarchy.

I say again. Find the money trail. Soros, Clinton, etc. Freeze their assets and throw them in irons. Watch how fast this shit stops.

• Like 1

That was Vlads point. Both individual and State rights are in the Constitution. You can't infringe on one to even because of another. That's where we believe the court was wrong. They said that a state's right could infringe (limit 2a for the purpose of public safety). That's also the argument all this anti-gun stuff originates with. But the flip side is true too. We shouldn't try to fix the court's mistake by infringing on a state's right.

There can be two sides to a slippery slope.

Jazz hands.

Can you give me some specific examples of states rights that do not infringe on the constitutional rights of the individual? I'm at a loss with this regarding 2a, 1a or any other a.

Jazz hands.

Can you give me some specific examples of states rights that do not infringe on the constitutional rights of the individual? I'm at a loss with this regarding 2a, 1a or any other a.

see this is why the concept on incorporation against the states exists. That is the whole point of McDonald and going through Scotus

RE: Term Limits

We did this little dance already back in 1995. SCOTUS ruled that without an amendment to the US Constitution term-limits are not happening at the federal level, and between the required supermajority and ratification, that's not going to happen. Politicians can provide all the soundbites and rhetoric their constituents want, but willingly put a limit on their own power? We can't even get these guys to give up the power of voting their own pay raises. You really think they're going to vote for something that severs them from the government teat?

I have this fantasy.  I imagine Trump calling in all of the ranking congressmen and senators. He shows them the file of very, very, bad things he has compiled on each one of them.  The list of every time they sold their vote for an overpriced speaking engagement - or whatever the money laundering scheme was.  He shows the times they worked back room deals to get a no bid contract for a brother in law.  The times they invested in some stock just before they passed a law to make themselves rich. Every time they did something to harm America to put money in their own pocket.   These files are not only a guarantee that they won't be elected again.  They're also indictable.  I'm confident that such a dossier could easily be assembled on most members of congress.

He then tells that all they have to do is pass a constitutional amendment creating term limits.  They can even exempt themselves and have it only apply to newly elected members of the swamp.  I'm patient.  I'll wait until all the current swamp dwellers die off.

I own a few guns and feel like they need to close some of these loopholes. You can buy a 80%lower and the other 20 percent and assemble with no background check or restriction. Some states you can sell privately to another citizen of the state no checks or bounds. That's wild to me.

1 hour ago, Sackballions said:

I own a few guns and feel like they need to close some of these loopholes. You can buy a 80%lower and the other 20 percent and assemble with no background check or restriction. Some states you can sell privately to another citizen of the state no checks or bounds. That's wild to me.

Private sales of long guns in NJ don't require a NICS check? What's your point? Is it a Right or isn't it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sackballions said:

"You can buy a 80%lower and the other 20 percent and assemble with no background check or restriction." Not true in NJ. You must be a licensed gun manufacturer to complete an 80% lower in the PRNJ.

"you can sell privately to another citizen of the state no checks or bounds. That's wild to me." While no NICS check for private sales in NJ, You must have a NJFID card. A bit more than a NICS check to get that, You must complete 2 NJ COE's. Only long arms that are configured to be legal here may be sold privately. No hand guns.

Sure sounds like restrictions to me! You want MORE RESTRICTIONS?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sackballions said:

Loopholes? Really? Oh boy. Do you feel we need to pass a background check to buy a car? You know they're more deadly than guns. Think of the kids and all

I'm not just speaking of nj. I've lived in Georgia and pa also. And to the guy above, to get a license to operate a car you at least have to pass some standard written and practical test. You should of course be able to pack the heat, but at least weed out the idiots some how

29 minutes ago, Sackballions said:

I'm not just speaking of nj. I've lived in Georgia and pa also. And to the guy above, to get a license to operate a car you at least have to pass some standard written and practical test. You should of course be able to pack the heat, but at least weed out the idiots some how

Of whom would you give the power to say "idiot " or " not idiot"?

• Like 1

Wow......

I tell ya, some of you regular members can be embarrassing on how to  "discuss" topics....  A new guy comes in, with an opinion that does not 100% agree with your take on how it "should" be..... and the talking down and name calling begins....

Grow up.....  

• Like 1

Well, accidental or not, he did pretty much touch all of the third rails of Firearm advocacy on his first post. 

I agree that if he was serious then we should educate and inform. 

It was hard to tell if he was serious or a troll from his post. 

4 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Well, accidental or not, he did pretty much touch all of the third rails of Firearm advocacy on his first post. 

I agree that if he was serious then we should educate and inform. 

It was hard to tell if he was serious or a troll from his post. 

With national carry looming, some of you might want to get up to speed on what can happen. Will happen. It's not some iron dome, it's a glass house.

You have no idea.

9 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

"You can buy a 80%lower and the other 20 percent and assemble with no background check or restriction." Not true in NJ. You must be a licensed gun manufacturer to complete an 80% lower in the PRNJ.

"you can sell privately to another citizen of the state no checks or bounds. That's wild to me." While no NICS check for private sales in NJ, You must have a NJFID card. A bit more than a NICS check to get that, You must complete 2 NJ COE's. Only long arms that are configured to be legal here may be sold privately. No hand guns.

Sure sounds like restrictions to me! You want MORE RESTRICTIONS?

Handguns can be sold privately in NJ the same as long guns.  You need to have a FPID and P2P.  

2 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

Handguns can be sold privately in NJ the same as long guns.  You need to have a FPID and P2P.  

In my mind it's not a "private" sale when everyone and their brother knows about it. Also, you have a P2P that you just got so it did not seem to fit in the point I was making. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

In my mind it's not a "private" sale when everyone and their brother knows about it. Also, you have a P2P that you just got so it did not seem to fit in the point I was making. 

Nj scheme will not pass constitutional scrutiny 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 67gtonut said:

Wow......

I tell ya, some of you regular members can be embarrassing on how to  "discuss" topics....  A new guy comes in, with an opinion that does not 100% agree with your take on how it "should" be..... and the talking down and name calling begins....

Grow up.....  

Due diligence on your part.

lurker isp? Or jus gut

Why.... because it does not fall into line of the majority of thinking here, but had the guts to voice it....

I think people need to be a little more tolerant, until the person can be proven to be a troll, then all bets are off. But I think in this case, some of you pulled the trigger a little too soon.

On 5/6/2017 at 11:19 PM, Sackballions said:

Anyone who knows anything about ARs knows you don't buy the other 20% of an 80% lower. You remove the other 20% to make it a 100% lower. This guy is a troll!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Anyone who knows anything about ARs knows you don't buy the other 20% of an 80% lower. You remove the other 20% to make it a 100% lower. This guy is a troll!

He/she may just be misinformed, or a fudd only worried about scatterguns and revolvers. :dontknow:

• Like 1