EWC88

Drainage

19 hours ago, EWC88 said:

Heaviest thing that will be on top of it would be me and a lawn mower. No cars or anything will go there. Now to find the sewer grade pipe cause that Home Depot only had sewer grade fittings.

As long as you put 12" or so of soil over the top of the pipe, you could use the thinner (S&D) pipe. You could probably get away with occasionally driving a lighter vehicle over it at that depth. If you thought you needed thicker pipe you could buy SDR35 pipe from a plumbing supply - it typically has belled ends, so you wouldn't need to buy and glue on couplers like you would with the SDR40 pipe Home Depot sells. It's also usually a bit cheaper as well.

One more question. By my billocal doors, since water was being drain right there it has made it a low spot I want to grade it back up to go away from that. I have river rock surrounding it currently. I was suggested by someone to remove river rock, and get pea gravel and fill the area, then put the river rock back on. Guys agree with this?

I'll be honest I haven't yet, got busy with work and then freezer just died on us. 

Question, went to homedepot to price everything out. They had 

PVC: 4"x10' pvc40-dwv-pe for $24.28.

Is this the kind I want to use? Because when looking at T connections and everything they had the kind as in that pipe, then they had the sewer grade which was thinner and cheaper in cost. The sewer grade connections were  D3034 PVC.

There's schedule 40 or SDR 35 which is thinner. For what you're doing SDR 35 is fine if it's going to be burried. If it's going to be exposed to sunlight, I would recommend using schedule 40.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk