Zeke

Peel has permits

I'm waiting for the " what should I get" thread.

Waiting anxiously

Of course, at some point I will come to NJGF - "the fountain of all gun knowledge". But, right now I'm diligently going through several older threads on here re: "what guns are good for shooters with small hands" - as well as some articles with a similar theme. I mean, I don't have midget hands... but they're pretty darn small.

I'll post my target list once it's done for everyone's review (... seems lazy not to do the research legwork). Though, oh my goodness, as I'm typing... it seems peeps are posting suggestions already. Oh my...I'm going to be so confused by the choices, my head's going to implode....

• Like 1

I have small hands - the usual suspects I recommend -

Glock Gen4 small frames only (not 45's)

PPQ, PPS

VP9, P30

Sig P320 (although its a pain in the asshole to get small grip frames now)

If you want a Shield the deals are stupid good right now - get a Performance Center for like $350 after rebate -

• Like 1

He can't say kahr, that's a clone.

Oh silly Zeke. The only similarity is that they are both striker fired. Kahr is definitely not a clone. Kahr uses a uniquely designed barrel and feeding ramp that lets you get a longer barrel in a shorter slide, as well as a completely different way to hold the barrel and slide in place and a different trigger mechanism giving the Kahr a smooth double action revolver-like trigger press vs Glocks two stage-ey wall and break.

S&W Sigma was a clone. You could even interchange parts.

Mrs Peel, try everything you can get your dirty little hands on. Pick what you shoot the best.

And yes. My recommendation is always a Glock 23, a 9mm conversion barrel, an Advantage Arms .22 conversion, and a bunch of mags and ammo.

• Like 1

Of course, at some point I will come to NJGF - "the fountain of all gun knowledge". But, right now I'm diligently going through several older threads on here re: "what guns are good for shooters with small hands" - as well as some articles with a similar theme. I mean, I don't have midget hands... but they're pretty darn small.

I'll post my target list once it's done for everyone's review (... seems lazy not to do the research legwork). Though, oh my goodness, as I'm typing... it seems peeps are posting suggestions already. Oh my...I'm going to be so confused by the choices, my head's going to implode....

Remember our conversation.  It's called a HAND gun, NOT a HANDS gun.  That means you go rent a bunch of guns, use both hands to get used to them, then attempt BOTH strong hand & weak hand only.  If gun(s) operate w/o incident, then it's up for consideration.  HD guns have to go BANG every time!

If for some reason you have a problem: 

1.  After first safely clearing the malfunction, go back to a 2-hand hold to see if the problem goes away.  Jams due to limp-wristing are quite common, especially using weak hand...

2.  If the problem goes away when using two hands, then think seriously about a. training.  b. buying a revolver.  c. buying a rifle or scattergun

I base my recommendation based upon years of training and the major "what-if's:

1.  What if you take a round to the strong arm or hand during a gunfight or are stabbed in the strong hand?  Do you got what it takes to survive, skills-wise?

2.  What if you have to grab a person or object and carry it or them out of Harm's Way while engaging a Perp simultaneously?  Do you got what it takes to survive skills-wise?

3.  What if you don't wish to expose your femoral artery to hostile fire from behind cover?  You're NOT shot YET and you wanna KEEP it that way, right?

Notice I never recommend a brand or platform.  Anyone can do THAT.  My job is to give you the advice to keep you ALIVE and to MAKE YOU THINK before you buy.

Call on me anytime!

Rosey

http://www.cnjfo.com 

• Like 2

negative I think. It's jus me being me.

No problem at all. Pizza Bob is the only Forum member I'm sure I've met in person. So sometimes all the chatter does escape me.

But I'll 'endeavor to persevere'. I enjoy the commentary with or without personal experience.

My wife absolutely hates my j frame. Most of the female new shooters we take hate it also..

Everybody tends to like the sig in 9 I think due to the weight.

Mrs is in love with her Px4 in 9. I believe she has the small backstrap installed.The new shooters tend to like it as well. Honestly I think it has less felt recoil then my sig. I don't know if the rotation barrel thing aids in that. She shot a friend's px compact in.40 before her purchase. Felt snappy and was not a fan of the shorter grip.

The sr 22 seems to be everybody's favorite in our experience. It's fun little plinker. We get occasional hiccups, I think due to the nature of 22 and some newbies limp wristing. I have zero issues personally when I shoot it.

The SR 9 The Mrs has shot well. It's a budget gun and my version has every safety sally thing you could imagine. It will be sold or traded in .

Will give feedback when my wife shoots her fathers new 1911. 45. She said it felt good in the hand at Easter dinner.

The glock 19 was meh. No fireworks. A fine gun gun though. I will most likely get one and treat it like an amusement park. The plow horse of our stable.

Hope that helps.

I'm confused. Although I have a wicked hangover and I'm getting an IV right now at the hangover club. Should be good in 30 more mins.

Even foggy I'd say get a Glock 19 or VP9 if you're feeling fancy.