Krdshrk

Shotgun Shootout - Sunday May 21, 2017 @ Clinton WMA

7 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I've asked this 6 or 7 years ago but is an NJGF BBQ a possibility?

I'm currently house hunting. If I can get the house I'm interested in I'll do a housewarming BBQ later in the summer. Hopefully catered since my BBQ skills are insufficient for throwing a BBQ!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I'm currently house hunting. If I can get the house I'm interested in I'll do a housewarming BBQ later in the summer. Hopefully catered since my BBQ skills are insufficient for throwing a BBQ!

Um, Tex says he's purdy good....

jus sayen what he sayen 

26 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Nice, and good luck Chrissy.

50 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Mine should be done in less than a month too

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:10 AM, Displaced Texan said:

I'd lend my BBQ and cooking skills...

I'd appreciate it. The hunt continues. Realtors are very crafty with their photography. The bedrooms were way too small and had no closet space. The backyard was extremely small too.  

1 minute ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I'd appreciate it. The hunt continues. Realtors are very crafty with their photography. The bedrooms were way too small and had no closet space. The backyard was extremely small too.  

What area are you looking in?  Still up around Randolph?

10 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

What area are you looking in?  Still up around Randolph?

Long Valley (Washington Twp), NJ. Her best friend has a daughter the same age, so we'd like to get them in the same school if possible. Finding city water, city sewer, natural gas and the district we want is the challenge. 

11 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

You think that's bad? The house next door to me that's for sale, they CLEARLY photoshopped several of the pictures.  Realtors are becoming like used car salesmen.

35 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Long Valley (Washington Twp), NJ. Her best friend has a daughter the same age, so we'd like to get them in the same school if possible. Finding city water, city sewer, natural gas and the district we want is the challenge. 

Come to flemington and buy the house next to me. The more 2A Neighbors the better!

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

I suggest you do it soon, the 870s are not as reliable or durable as 500s.  

That statement is ignorant. We have 870's in our inventory that are over 20 years old and that get fired way more than most people will ever shoot them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

I suggest you do it soon, the 870s are not as reliable or durable as 500s.  

34 minutes ago, BlueLineFish said:

That statement is ignorant. We have 870's in our inventory that are over 20 years old and that get fired way more than most people will ever shoot them. 

Since Remington came out with the flex tab conversion in the 80s and made it standard I can't think of any gun related problems with 870s.  I remember exactly one that broke in about 30 years of being a LE firearms instructor.

I used to require my people to clean the barrel after quals and training and wipe the big chunks off.  A total clean once a year or if the gun was dropped in the mud, soaked in the rain, dropped in the water, or something like that.

FWIW I read a post by a guy in another forum who has been using a 870 to shoot clays for some time.  Can't remember what was the stimulus for this (maybe something broke) he figured out his round count.  He referred to a log he keeps and he had at least 50,000 rounds through the gun.

I'm not condemning Mossbergs as I have little experience with them.  If Mossbergs were junk they wouldnt sell as many as they do.  Just relating my experience with 870s.

Only thing wrong with an 870 is the location of the safety in my opinion. Not that it's wrong just a personal preference I will only own shotguns with a Tang safety as that's what I'm used to

And I've got way over 50K through a Mossberg 500 with only one broken part that caused it to fail. The extractor pin