Hairless_Ape

My PSA mil-spec buffer tube's dimensions are not mil-spec

The ~whatever the proper name for the protrusion on the bottom tube~ is longer than mil-spec. It extends about 3/8" closer to the threads than a true mil-spec tube. Not a problem if you're pinning a collapsible stock, but it's incompatible with the Magpul MOE fixed stock. It blocks half of the hole where the set screw passes though the stock. Wasn't a big deal because I had a spare tube lying around, but I figured I'd pass it along.

I am shocked! Someone else on the board recently had a similar issue with receiver extensions bought off Amazon or EBay or something.

I don't buy gun parts off either of those sites.

Fwiw psa has been reeeeeaaallllyyy good for me. I've had great experiences with them

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Me neither never had problems building with PSA parts. As a matter of fact I have used the same setup as the OP on multiple AR setups at multiple times. The setscrews cleared on all three of my setups. Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you.

I JUST finished helping a friend build his Mega forged lower receiver, using a PSA LPK,

I found that the trigger group sucked, and the trigger pins were too large in diameter.

I replaced the trigger pins with a spare set of Colt pins I had, which fit perfectly.

All other parts fit perfectly, and functioned 100%.

Me neither never had problems building with PSA parts. As a matter of fact I have used the same setup as the OP on multiple AR setups at multiple times. The setscrews cleared on all three of my setups. Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you.

K

That's why I put "MY" in the thread title. I figured they probably buy in bulk from whatever supplier is cheapest on any given day. I just had bad luck. I've got a collapsible stock I'm planning to pin for my next build, so I'll just use it for that.