Sign in to follow this  
Tony13

Ruger Red Label

Is this a gun worth getting? I love that it's American made, the price point at @ $1000 is attractive for an O/U. But it seems to be a love them or hate them gun reliability wise. It would be for clays only. Anybody have experience with them?

It was discontinued from production twice. Never got to handle the second edition, so can't comment on what might have been. I sold my 30" bbl. Sporting Clays model; I wasn't a fan. 

Have two, both the old sporting clays model and the new. While complaints are they are heavy for size, I really like them  True, they are out of production, but can be found in the used market.  Chokes can be a little difficult to find.  It's kinda a love hate relationship.  I'll be keeping mine. Going to shoot a round of clays today with one as a matter of fact.

On 4/29/2017 at 5:37 AM, Tony13 said:

Is this a gun worth getting? I love that it's American made, the price point at @ $1000 is attractive for an O/U. But it seems to be a love them or hate them gun reliability wise. It would be for clays only. Anybody have experience with them?

I'm in exactly the same boat. When the time comes( usual reasons) I'd pull the trigger.