TRM9999

Resale values shocked me

I've had a S&W 44M SS 6.5in for 20+ years and I didn't realize what an investment it was until I looked up current sale prices. I guess it depends on the gun so I'm glad I got that one. Are they all up in value that much?

Overall, used guns cost awfully close to new.  I've bought several used ones.  The only time I've ever gotten a "deal" is if the gun needed some work.  And, with a very few exceptions, by the time I've done whatever repair was needed, I had spent enough that I could have bought a new gun.

• Like 2

Overall, used guns cost awfully close to new.  I've bought several used ones.  The only time I've ever gotten a "deal" is if the gun needed some work.  And, with a very few exceptions, by the time I've done whatever repair was needed, I had spent enough that I could have bought a new gun.

This is where I would say you need to develop a relationship with a dealer and subscribe to the marketplace here.

Plenty of really good used guns out there and if the FFL knows what you are looking for, they can shop for guns with you in mind.

To give you two examples, right now on the forum you have a Ruger GP100 Match for $550? whereas I just saw it new for $750 or so, and Tactical Training Center has 3 guns listed in their section, used, like new for quite a bit below market value.

Gp100 - http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/86165-swiss-k31-ruger-sr22-ruger-gp-match-champion-sks-mec-600/?hl=gp100

CZ P07 & XDM -  http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/86144-used-like-new-cz-p07-9mm-springfield-xd-m/?p=1107589

• Like 1

Like everything else, things are worth what people are willing to pay for.  And people are fickle. I once picked up a 1954 Winchester 94 in pretty nice shape for $200. I could have walked out of the store and sold it for $400 and now more. It depends on what people want at any given time.

• Like 1

This is where I would say you need to develop a relationship with a dealer and subscribe to the marketplace here.

Plenty of really good used guns out there and if the FFL knows what you are looking for, they can shop for guns with you in mind.

To give you two examples, right now on the forum you have a Ruger GP100 Match for $550? whereas I just saw it new for $750 or so, and Tactical Training Center has 3 guns listed in their section, used, like new for quite a bit below market value.

Gp100 - http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/86165-swiss-k31-ruger-sr22-ruger-gp-match-champion-sks-mec-600/?hl=gp100

CZ P07 & XDM - http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/86144-used-like-new-cz-p07-9mm-springfield-xd-m/?p=1107589

That P07 Compact and GP100 are excellent deals.

• Like 1

Well, I just cleaned up said 44 and boy does it look good. So I'm trying to decide a fair price for a fast sale as my new P2P will be here before I know it and I'll post it then. It will be one of those 'Catch a break' deals you mentioned Pizza Bob.
Would come with about a box of shells and 2 speed loaders.

22 minutes ago, TRM9999 said:

Well, I just cleaned up said 44 and boy does it look good. So I'm trying to decide a fair price for a fast sale as my new P2P will be here before I know it and I'll post it then. It will be one of those 'Catch a break' deals you mentioned Pizza Bob.

This thread is useless without pictures. 

43 minutes ago, TRM9999 said:

Just please do not post a Sale price here..... This is not the Classified.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Nickjc said:

Smith and colts are a smart investment.....

Better than anything out there....milsurps....eh.....  plastics....ughh..AR...REALLY? Lol

OLDER STEEL and wood - they will always hold their value and grow to boot.

I have been on an s&w kick lately - there are deals to be had - you need to look around.

And when things change in NJ Nad they will -

Those values will skyrocket in state

BTW @Maksim there is a python and a diamond back at the shop.....last I was there

At how ludicrous prices?

Talk to you about it or Joe?

• Like 1