Maksim

Boxing Fans?

10 minutes ago, capt14k said:

ESPN ruined it for me. Next heavyweight title fight should be interesting for multiple reasons.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I was excited about heavyweight but you have everyone ducking Luis Ortiz, and well, Wilder is a nobody.

Am quite excited about light heavyweight  although am still quite pissed off with the completely rigged call on Ward vs Kovalev.  In what world is a challenger given the decision after getting knocked down by the champ and never actually doing any harm?  Robbery.

On the flip side, I actually think Jacobs beat GGG, as much as I love GGG.

I used to watch A LOT of fight and follow boxing closely.  My father inlaw and I would watch almost all the HBO, Showtime and PPVs.  We went to club level fights and a few major ones.  We watched in awe as Juan Migual Marquez fought some unknown new comer named Manny Pacqiao.  Watched all three Gatti/Ward fights.  Remember when Cotto had hair and fought on HBO's "Boxing After Dark" for the up and coming rising names.

Many of our favorites rose to the top.  Only fighting once every year or so.  We didn't lose interest but the fights and fighters just weren't what they were 10 - 20 years ago.  Also MMA became a mainstream thing and as much as we tried, we couldn't get into it.

My father inlaw passed suddenly and unexpectedly six months ago.  Miss watching fights with him.  I still go over to my inlaw's home to watch fights,  spend some time with my mother inlaw and in a way my father inlaw as well.

I hope some new and exciting fignters come up.  I've wached almost every Triple G fight and he is prob one if the more exciting fighters to watch right now.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BlueLineFish said:

That was a sparring session for Canelo. Chavez shamed the family name with that fight. I think GGG will easily beat Canelo though

If Canelito stops ducking him.... after all, he already handed GGG the belt. lol.

I am sure they were just marinating the fight.  It will be a good one.  I will say, was a bit disappointed by GGG vs Jacobs, and it was possibly a bad call, I don't think GGG did enough to decisively win. 

Wilder is a joke. The fight I am talking about is with the real heavyweight champ Tyson Fury. Yes he is a nut job and he deservedly was stripped of his title however Joshua can not be the champ without beating the man. If Fury gets back into the shape he was in against Klitchko he will soundly beat Joshua. What makes it especially interesting is the White Irish Traveller vs the Black Englishman.

GGG will destroy Canelo. This time the forum instead of ESPN screwed me on the outcome thank you.

Ward did not win that fight. Next fight Kovelov will knock out Ward.

Teddy Atlas continues to show why he is the jackass of boxing. He leaves GGG off his top 10 pound for pound list and puts Lomachenko at the top. While I like Lomachenko and he deserves top 5 GGG has won 4x the amount of fights and is still undefeated. How does Teddy Atlas still have a job?

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/18593385/why-left-gennady-golovkin-my-pound-pound-list

• Like 1

Does boxing really need all these weight classes and organizations. Let's get rid of Junior Flyweight (108), Junior Batamweight (115), and Junior Featherweight/Super Batanweight (122) for a start.

Then we would have Strawweight 105, Flyweight 112, Bantamweight 118, Featherweight 126, and Super Featherweight 130. Lower the weight of Featherweight to 124.

6 pounds is plenty small of a gap between divisions at those weights. High school wrestling only has 5 weights 130 and below does boxing really need 8?

After that they can fix the rest of the classes and get rid of some more.

Also why do we need IBF, WBC, WBA, WBO, IBO, and Ring Champions. The IBF started the crap in 1983. Then came WBO. Now there are even more. Ring lost all credibility when bought by Golden Boy. Let's go back to just WBA and WBC. This way we can have drama of champion vs champion without all the other fake champions like Joseph Parker WBO Heavyweight Champion.

Wouldn't it be nice to have no more than 14 weight classes and 28 champions? Than the mess we have now that no one can keep up with.

• Like 2

I thought Chavez would have put up a better fight seeing that he had a 50-2 record going into the fight but a lot of people say he never really took any tough fights!  Canelo is good but GGG is a beast...should be a good fight...we shall see!

30 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Wilder is a joke. The fight I am talking about is with the real heavyweight champ Tyson Fury. Yes he is a nut job and he deservedly was stripped of his title however Joshua can not be the champ without beating the man. If Fury gets back into the shape he was in against Klitchko he will soundly beat Joshua. What makes it especially interesting is the White Irish Traveller vs the Black Englishman.

GGG will destroy Canelo. This time the forum instead of ESPN screwed me on the outcome thank you.

Ward did not win that fight. Next fight Kovelov will knock out Ward.

Teddy Atlas continues to show why he is the jackass of boxing. He leaves GGG off his top 10 pound for pound list and puts Lomachenko at the top. While I like Lomachenko and he deserves top 5 GGG has won 4x the amount of fights and is still undefeated. How does Teddy Atlas still have a job?

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/18593385/why-left-gennady-golovkin-my-pound-pound-list

I was really hoping to see the Wilder Povetkin fight.  This BS with the meldonium is just so politically biased and practically speaking, even if he did take it after it was banned, the minimal dosage would have no effect.  One second it is legal, the next it is not.  As far as I know, the "American" version of Meldonium is still legal.

In any case, since Povetkin got his new coach, after the Klitschko fight, he actually got into shape and back to boxing basics.  Would be a terrific fight.

Ortiz is the 800 lb gorilla in the room though.  He absolutely looks like he has champ written all over him, but will someone actually get into the ring with him?  (even after his Steroid issues).

Will be interesting to see if Fury recovers from his issues, and Fury vs Joshua would likely hit the levels of May/Pac, at least in Europe.

Light Heavy is where I think we have a ton of good stuff coming up.

Obviously Kovalev vs Ward (I expect Ward to finally retire after getting KO'ed by a pissed off Krusher).  Then we have Gvozduk and Beterbiev.  Obviously Chikenson (Adonis) needs to give up his belt.  And Bivol is looking like a great prospect. Pascal is still entertaining... if he snaps out of it and gets back into it.  

10 hours ago, BlueLineFish said:

That was a sparring session for Canelo. Chavez shamed the family name with that fight. I think GGG will easily beat Canelo though

Canelo's speed could give Triple G some problems.  Can def see Canelo outpointing Triple G.  Triple G badely won his last fight and that guy was no Canelo.

Either way, it's going to be a fantastic fight.  Hopefully they stack the undercards like they did last night.  All the undercards were quality, entertaining fights 

• Like 1