223lover

Anyone use Caspian?

I have a friend that buys all the exact parts he needs from Caspian. He has the frame shipped to the FFL, Then has the parts fitted by a gunsmith. So basically he gets a custom built .45 with all the bells and whistles exactly the way he wants for about the price of Kimber. I've been on this forum for awhile now and really never have seen anybody write about Caspian, good or bad. What say ye all?

Caspian is great to build from the ground up.  I'd check out 1911addicts.com or 1911forum.com for information specific to the 1911, though. 

Custom builds typically cost much more than buying a production 1911 off the shelf, so not quite sure what you mean by the above. 

Caspian = Bruce Piatt!  You can take a gunsmith class with Bruce and build your own.  I've known Bruce for close to 20 years.  He used to be a member at Old Bridge.  He'd drive down from Bergen Co. where he lived and was "On-the-Job".  If you want to know ANYTHING about Caspian, Bruce is your "Go-to Guy"!  Tell him Rosey from Old Bridge says hello!   http://www.brucepiatt.com/shooting-and-1911-build-lessons/ 

Good quality parts. You can go on their website and get slide/frame finished with many options and degrees of completeness.

The Damascus slides are killer too. As others have said, expect to pay at least 2K+, unless your gunsmith works for free.