Ricky_Bobby

HK guys - Anyone have a V1 Light LEM?

Well I've been on a bit of an HK kick lately (thanks for the nudging to the VP9, Ray), and would like to switch it up on a future purchase by going with a V3 DA/SA with decocker, or the V1 Light LEM trigger system on a P30, P30L (John Wick), or P30SK - I've dry fired the V3 in store and its not bad, sure the reset is long and its no striker fired trigger, but its another shooting system I'd like to learn to shoot better (hammer fired in general)

No shops seem to stock any HK's with the LEM trigger so wondering if any locals have it or know of any shops that would have one I could check out in person?

Delaware cabelas has a lem hk in the case...its a p30 standard not "L" i believe ....as a side note....the p30 has a much longer reset than the usp series...and with a lem trigger in a usp its as good or better in my opinion than striker fired triggers when run correctly 

^^Good call on Cabelas - a bit far for me "just to look" - and yes I noticed the long reset but I think the SA is pretty decent in the P30 series and the DA isn't bad either, wondering on the LEM as the HKPro guys on the forum rave about the LEM but I've watched a few Youtube videos and the reset and break looks the same as the DA/SA just has a super long take up on all trigger pulls

thats correct the reset is not discernibly different in a p30 da/sa and a lem....just lem is da only with a light takeup or lighter on the light lem....the grip is more "ergo" on the p30 than the usp..but the reset is also at least twice as long as a usp...

• Like 1

For SA/DA firearms, I prefer Beretta and CZ.  But that's just me.  I've shot a few HK hammer fired guns and their trigger options are great, which makes it easy to pick what you want or customize. 

Good luck

But, I say get a Beretta.  There is one in the marketplace that I'm sure you can swing.   And with a few upgrades, it will serve you well. 

33 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

For SA/DA firearms, I prefer Beretta and CZ.  But that's just me.  I've shot a few HK hammer fired guns and their trigger options are great, which makes it easy to pick what you want or customize. 

Good luck

But, I say get a Beretta.  There is one in the marketplace that I'm sure you can swing.   And with a few upgrades, it will serve you well. 

Agreed on the CZ - I plan on a 75B when I'm out of here at some point so the 16 round mags don't need to be pinned, and my father is off the boat from Brno, CZ so its probably a mandate that I own at least one CZ firearm - obviously I love Beretta pistols as well, however the last time I held the 92FS it felt like a brick in my hand (huge) as I don't have large hands, but I will check it out, I also have been thinking of getting on of the 84/85 "Cheetah" models as my wifes G42 is the only 380 we have right now -

I'm thinking the LEM might be the way to go if I want a hammer fired HK - I've done some more reading and it looks like you can use a stronger trigger return spring from the USP or something to make the reset more crisp?  I have to do some more reading but it seems like best of both worlds in the HK hammer fired pistols -

• Like 1

I have a P2000 with the "Todd Green special" and I think it feels like a light(er than v2), but very positive trigger pull. Just something to consider.

The TGS is the light trigger return spring and light firing pin block spring with a heavy main spring.

Sometimes I fell like selling it for a HK45c LEM, but it carries well, and I kinda like it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

I have a couple P30's in stock in .40 S&W - one is the V1 Light LEM trigger and the other is the V3 DA/SA, if you want to stop by and check them out.

Thanks!  I'll see what my day is like tomorrow, although I'm not interested in purchasing any .40S&W's that would be super kind of you to let me check both out side by side :thumbup:

^^Thanks!  Did you get yours back yet (your thread doesn't say you did) - Bruce Gray's work is 100% top notch and worth every penny - If I got a P30 in V3 DA/SA only configuration I would most likely be sending it to them for trigger enhancement - would love to handle a stock light LEM as some people love it the way it comes, but there are always improvements to be made :)

10 minutes ago, Ricky_Bobby said:

^^Thanks!  Did you get yours back yet (your thread doesn't say you did) - Bruce Gray's work is 100% top notch and worth every penny - If I got a P30 in V3 DA/SA only configuration I would most likely be sending it to them for trigger enhancement - would love to handle a stock light LEM as some people love it the way it comes, but there are always improvements to be made :)

Ricky_Bobby:

No I have not received it back yet.  Most likely should get it at the end of May and look forward to feeling the difference.

BTW, regarding CZ's, this is the one I have and love it....:

AVB-AMG

I installed the light LEM on my father's .40 USP Compact. It is a VERY NICE trigger!

His was a standard DAO that he bought when he sold his Judge. It was a heavy pull, and did it for him one Christmas. It is really neat how it works, and I like the fact that you have second strike (most preset DAO triggers do not allow for it)... even if it isn't the way to deal with a FTF.

The initial pull is completely take up, and you get a short/light pull to fire (think they say the light is 5 pounds). Gun cycles, and the hammer comes back to that same spot without the take up. Release a little to reset the hammer, and you got the same short/light pull. I like it better than SIG's DAK.

Where you located? I know I can borrow it from my father... so maybe we can meet up and you take a look at it.

Hey man - thanks for the post - I'm in Bridgewater and would love to have met up but I've basically decided that is the hammer fired HK way to go for me - being a mostly striker pistol guy this is best of both worlds - and I'm also a southpaw so although the V3 DA/SA is nice, actually using the decocker as a lefty is not as easy to sweep thumb under the hammer to get to the button etc - so I am passing on the V3 

Thanks for the post man I appreciate it!

P30L in V1 Light LEM has been won - en route to Steve's shop for transfer - I wanted something "different" this time around and look forward to shooting and learning proficiency on the LEM trigger system from HK -

This will be my last one before I move out, I'm afraid -

17 minutes ago, Ricky_Bobby said:

P30L in V1 Light LEM has been won - en route to Steve's shop for transfer - I wanted something "different" this time around and look forward to shooting and learning proficiency on the LEM trigger system from HK -

This will be my last one before I move out, I'm afraid -

You are in for an experience like none other with the LEM trigger. That being said, the one I learned on was a v2 which has a heavier pull. It is a trigger that rewards good discipline. It took me some practice to get quick enough with it to feel very confident.

• Like 1

I've tried LEM a couple times and have not been a fan of it.  For me it's a poor "people management" trigger, and as such I prefer the DA/SA of the V3 config.  For the record, I have several P30 9mm v3 firearms here.  Shoot one for 5000+ rounds and the trigger smooths out nicely. :D