Sign in to follow this  
Rob0115

Scored a S&W 25-3 125 Anniversary 45LC

I paid 800 bucks for it with the commemorative box, key, book and coin.  The owner said he is original and never fired it.  It's always hard to tell because they are factory fired.  However, the revolver looks pristine and the case is in good, not great, condition.  I think 800 is a fair price maybe I paid a bit much for it but I saw it and got caught up cause I really liked it.  I'm trying to get some pics off my phone.  

This is why I say Florida isn't as free as everyone thinks.  I won't mention that I bought a mil spec springfield 1911 from the same guy.  This was before the news about what they did in Illinois.

Be aware that the 25-3 uses the short cylinder and may not accommodate all .45 Colt loads. Usually heavy cast bullets must be crimped over the front driving band, as opposed to the crimp groove. This will increase pressure so work up loads carefully.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

20 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

Be aware that the 25-3 uses the short cylinder and may not accommodate all .45 Colt loads. Usually heavy cast bullets must be crimped over the front driving band, as opposed to the crimp groove. This will increase pressure so work up loads carefully.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks for the reminder--I did read about this issue before purchasing but it was too cool to pass up on.  I'll put the heavy LC loads in the 460XVR.