410guy

Range 14 questions

Went to Range 14 once before.  Thought it was a nice range but it was pretty crowded at the time.   Does anyone know when the best time of day on a Saturday or Sunday would be to try and avoid the crowds?   Would it be better to get there early (like 8am), or go later in the day (like 2pm)? 

Are Friday afternoons/evenings any better?  

Also, does anyone know if the 50 yard pistol range is strictly for handguns only? or would they allow certain rifles (like a .22 for instance) on the pistol range as well?   

Thank you for the help!  

I used to get there around 7:45 or so and wait for them to open, that gave me enough time to pay for my lane and get my targets set up before the first fire.

I never used the pistol range so I can't provide any info.

Get there before 8am, they open their doors at 8 and there are atleast 10 people already waiting on a nice day, start shooting at 8:30. I will be there tomorrow around 7:30 myself.

Something I find very useful, go to lowes and for $15 get a garden auger and put it on a cordless drill, perfect size for the 1x3 target poles they sell, drills holes in under 30 seconds.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies.  

So the pistol range doesnt usually get as packed as the rifle range?  It would work out perfect for me if they allow me to use a .22 rifle at the handgun range.   i only shoot rimfire rifles, and never past 50 yards anyway.  

And thanks for the tip about the drill and auger bit!

The majority of times I've shot there, the pistol range was not open.  I wound up shooting handguns amongst the rifle guys. 

Most of the info is on the range 14 website.  Link 

If not, they also have a forum on that website that the people who run the place post on and will answer your questions better that I can.