Sign in to follow this  
S&W39

CJRPC

I think you need a member to guest you in. I don't believe you can take a tour of the club. Ive heard its really great and there website has a lot of details. 

If it was closer to me i would join. I don't think i would get down there enough to justify the cost of membership.

www.cjrpc.org

Definitely one of the better ranges around, but not cheap.  And recently has been getting crowded, not so crowded that you can't find anywhere to shoot but the last few times I was there all of the pits were full.

Overall it has everything you could want, with the exception of perhaps a true "long" range, the longest they have I 300 yards.

37 minutes ago, jm1827 said:

Definitely one of the better ranges around, but not cheap.  And recently has been getting crowded, not so crowded that you can't find anywhere to shoot but the last few times I was there all of the pits were full.

Overall it has everything you could want, with the exception of perhaps a true "long" range, the longest they have I 300 yards.

I joined a few years ago when it was considerably less expensive.  Being retired I usually go during the week and make one less person showing up on weekends. Tuesday there were 5 people on the General Purpose Range and that was it.  It was down to two when I left.  I've been there in beautiful weather during the week and I'm the only person there.

The term "long range" is relative.  Many have never shot ARs and AKs  farther than 25 yds on an indoor range.  Most of my needs can be met with a 300 yd range.  I can understand there are few, very few, who need more.

• Like 1

I've been to 1000 yard ranges and it's exciting until the shooting starts. There will be guys with $15-20k invested and none of them hit a big ass cardboard box, much less a braggable target.

reminds me of the first time I walked into a curling match prior to my college hockey game. Whole team was pumped, then the curling match actually started. Much ado about nothing.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sevenshot said:

I've been to 1000 yard ranges and it's exciting until the shooting starts. There will be guys with $15-20k invested and none of them hit a big ass cardboard box, much less a braggable target.

reminds me of the first time I walked into a curling match prior to my college hockey game. Whole team was pumped, then the curling match actually started. Much ado about nothing.

So true.

Too many think they can buy their way into being great long range shooters. There's not much difference between a $500 Savage with a $200 scope and a $10,000 combination in the right hands. The rifles Carlos Hathcock used for his amazing shots were only capable of about 2 minutes of angle accuracy.  A $500 Savage does better than that now.