Branrob91

Gander Mountain Liquidation

I saw that Gander Mountain has their liquidation sale going on, and I have some gift cards to use. Was wondering if anyone knew any info on their sales going on. I'm planning on going Tuesday. Do their sales include firearms and ammo?

I'm thinking of getting a new shotgun. Thanks for any leads guys.

Such a shame to see them go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything is for sale.  No hold backs.  Just be prepared when it comes to pricing.  Even with giant discounts, prices will be about normal.  Infamous marketing gimic.  But, if you have gift cards, better buy something.

• Like 1

I went there on Saturday this past weekend, guns and ammunition were not discounted at all.  Everything else was 10-15% off.  Not worth the trip - 10-15% off on ordinary inventory is about what such stuff costs online anyhow.

The guy behind the gun counter said they are not discounting guns or ammunition "at this time".  He wouldn't answer whether they would discount it in the future.  As per usual, spent an hour waiting for my number to come up to deal with a salesman behind the gun counter, because the place is hardly staffed at all.

Probably as time goes on they will discount more, but at least as of Saturday last weekend it wasn't worth the trip.

Apparently, not all Gander Mountain stores are closing!  There are three here in FL that will remain open, and several in other states (none in NJ). One of these is only 1.5 hours away from me.

See this article from al.com (Alabama equivalent of nj.com). 

Did you go yet? I went the other day, they didn't have much...way overpriced ammo and firearms still...grabbed 2 cases of 12g to bust clays...Cashier was like heres your card you have 87 cents left, told him to throw it out and bounced. 

I have used them in a pinch for reloading supplies.  But muther effer are they expensive there.   I'm not sure that even with a sale it'll be very good pricing. 

3 minutes ago, Branrob91 said:

Thanks for the tips, saw they have an up to 40% discount on products, debating whether it's worth it to head on up there today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind, the general liquidition plan is.... first raise the prices some and offer a small discount. (while it is still news and people come in looking for a deal).

Once the big discounts come.... they come quick and sharp to get rid of inventory before final days.... so if they are 40% off now, would go now while there is still good stuff to be had.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJGF said:

Here is a list of 57 stores to be kept open as of June 29:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDhJ-IcVwAAW3DI.jpg:large

That's weird, because the store in Ocala (#2 on the list) has a huge "Going out of Business Sale" sign on it. I wonder if that's just to have a sale for the sake of seizing the opportunity to have a sale....  :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

That's weird, because the store in Ocala (#2 on the list) has a huge "Going out of Business Sale" sign on it. I wonder if that's just to have a sale for the sake of seizing the opportunity to have a sale....  :facepalm:

My understanding is that the signs went up in all of the stores. The sign doesn't mean that the store will necessarily close. Go figure. Maybe it was a negotiating tactic to extract lower rents. Who knows.

If you're in Woodbridge, I doubt it.  I was out near Scranton for another event and went in - about half the store was empty.  The "deals" weren't great - they may be better now.  The only thing that was worth it for me was a Beretta shotshell bag for $15 after discount...

On 7/1/2017 at 8:01 AM, HBecwithFn7 said:

I think what is happening is that Gander Mountain as a company is closing and a new store will re-open as the combined Gander Mountain/Camping World store in the same locations. Happens a lot in mergers where the weaker company is liquidated and then shutdown. The left over assets/debts are transferred to the new company. They are probably using it as a way to get quick cash to pay off Gander Mountain's debts before shutting down the old company so Camping World takes on less debt in their acquisition.

Just a guess though...

-Jim