Averagejoeshmo

Keeping a list of firearms

Have signed blank copies of the COE so in case anything stupid happens they can be filled in and predated to stop any non fatal issues that may arise at least for the long guns. Not going to define the reasons here just suffice it to say NJ will stop at nothing to take them away.  

I keep a list in 2 places. I tripe it out and print it and it stays in a filing cabinet. I also email myself the list and keep it in a file of things I don't delete. 

My personal fear is some scum bag steals them and now they are distributed to multiple scum bags. They are locked but a determined enough person can eventually get in. 

My list is simple. 

Manufacturer. Make. Serial. Cal. 

I have a set of high-resolution, properly-lit photos I edited into a single file per gun.  Each gun has at least a photo of the left and right sides, and top and/or bottom depending on location of serial number or other identifying marks.  All markings, and especially serial numbers, are clearly legible in these photos.  Copies are saved in multiple locations, including my phone.  My main reason for this is if any of them were lost/stolen, I have a record of the make, model, caliber, and any unique marks quickly and easily available.

12 hours ago, T Bill said:

Have signed blank copies of the COE so in case anything stupid happens they can be filled in and predated to stop any non fatal issues that may arise at least for the long guns. Not going to define the reasons here just suffice it to say NJ will stop at nothing to take them away.  

;) 

I keep scanned copies of my handgun permits, COEs, and store receipts on my computer, which gets backed up automatically. I also keep a maintenance spreadsheet for all of my guns, that lists make, model, serial number, the dates I shot, how much & what I shot, when I cleaned, and any notes (like if it didn't like the ammo I shot, etc). 

I keep the permits, COEs and receipts in case anything happens to the guns. I keep the maintenance spreadsheet because I'm crazy...