My friend bought an IO 247C from some dealer at a PA gun show a month or so ago & just picked it up. He's having problems w/ it so I told him I'd ask you experts what you think. He's going to contact Century for what good it w/ do.

Issues according to him: The bracket that holds the bottom forearm (The one around the barrel) is loose even after locking it in place. Gas tube forearm (top) bracket closer to the receiver is spinning when trying to put the wood back on. Dust cover, the button won't come thru it to hold the cover in place. And the action sometimes stays open while racking it.

Thanks 

Yup. I wouldn't even bother with IO's customer service. That gun is garbage and should be treated as such. Get refund or sell it and treat themselves to a VEPR or something.

I am still blown away at how in this day in age, people still do not research a $700 purchase even the slightest bit.

• Like 1

Thanks. I initially recommended a Vepr but he disliked the thumb hole stock. Wanted a traditional look. Then a WASR but he didn't want one. So he called IO, got a whatchamacallit #? & they said they'd fix/replace it. Hope they do & lesson learned. 

On 5/13/2017 at 8:54 PM, RWWLAW said:

The worst piece of shit he could buy. Right behind a century build.

We have never had an issue with a single RAS47 or C39v2.

Iv heard bad things about IO but we never sold them so i can give honest feedback.

Avoid IO, Century Arms (besides wasr) made AK's, it is garbage and waste of money. If you like quality AK by Arsenal or Vepr, Wasr is OK as well. I do own C39v2 before and it is made of soft metal, couple of key parts like bolt carrier and trigger group got pretty bad after 800 rounds. Subscribe to the akfiles forum to read all these horrible stories about in one place.

I'v seen a lot of stories about the Century AK's having issues but IMO a few thousand must have been sold in NJ alone and i'v yet to see local feedback of these issues.

Personally i have sold and or transferred 100+ and have never heard a simple complaint or had a customer ask for me to resell it, Send it back for service or even had a complaint about them. except for the poster above :)

I take internet reviews by biased hardcore AK forums (If its not Russian or Old Eastern Bloc  its not a real AK) similar to those 1911 forums that will give all 1911's with external extractors or calibers other then 45acp a biased view.

And I will Back up Steve's remarks buy saying we have sold well over 400 Century built rifles

and the only one to ever go back was a C39V2 that had a case split in the chamber from using

surplus ammo. The barrel got scored, and CIA replaced it under warranty even though it was not

their fault in a 9-day turn around. That was 4 years ago and the guy has several thousand rounds 

through it w/o a single problem.

We sold I.O. early on, that lasted for about a month - the single worst AK ever made, I'd take a kyber pass made rifle over an I.O. any day............

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

And I will Back up Steve's remarks buy saying we have sold well over 400 Century built rifles

and the only one to ever go back was a C39V2 that had a case split in the chamber from using

surplus ammo. The barrel got scored, and CIA replaced it under warranty even though it was not

their fault in a 9-day turn around. That was 4 years ago and the guy has several thousand rounds 

through it w/o a single problem.

We sold I.O. early on, that lasted for about a month - the single worst AK ever made, I'd take a kyber pass made rifle over an I.O. any day............

I never sold IO as i got bad feed back almost immediately from other dealers who were local and complaining not a peep about Centurys.

IMO i think most of the "bad press" was created,  I'm sure there was people who have had issues with a century even though i don't know any but its impossible to manufacture anything without something failing.. Hell the NJSP is saying Sigs suck.

I think a lot of complaints are over blown and falsely expanded by people who read something then push that narrative without any personal experience. You read on a forum some ones century failed.... then you relate the story when you hear someone is buying one and it goes from i read on a forum to my friend's gun..   Its how things work..

Remember the Russians hacked out elections and the president colluded with the Russians.... Its true because some people believe it.